Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 9, 2014






























Kate's real birthday finally came.
It has felt like her birthday for weeks on end because we had a party with her friends so early.
She woke up in the morning to her bedroom door decorated- except she didn't even notice.
Then we mostly played the whole day outside until the mid afternoon outside.
We also made her cake together. It is suppose to be Hello Kitty.  I'm no cake expert- but I thought it was pretty legit.
She enjoyed watching her siblings have to do a few chores and not have to do any with them because that is the rule on your birthday.
Then in the mid afternoon- Jake came home from work and the real party started.
She picked to open presents first.
We gave her some roller skates- which she was mostly just frustrated with because he couldn't skate like an olympian on her first try.  A necklace I had made with her initial and a sunshine. I have a similar necklace and whenever I wear it she likes to read all the names of each kid and thinks it is special. So I thought she would think the gift was special- and she really did.  I even over heard her telling her friends outside about her "real adult necklace" and some people at church too.   Some Hello Kitty stationary from Bethany, she was happy Bethany got her anything :)  and then she opened her gift from Sam and Marianne.  It was a fish bowl and some decorative rocks, and she was confused and a little dissapointed because she thought it was craft supplies.  Until we helped her put the pieces together.  She has been writing in her journal about wanting a fish and promising to take care of it.  So it was a hit.
We spent a bit of time trying out the skates, and then all loaded up in the car to go pick out the fish- that was the fun part. She picked out pretty quickly a blue Betta fish and on the way home she held it and named it Blue Vell.  And then we put his home all together.  Oh she also picked out a little "house" to put in the bowl too.  Then there was a cake with candles.
Oh that seems like a big celebration but we were only half way done.  Next we went to get some Corn Dogs and Chicken at Dairy Keen, and took it to the city park to have a picnic.  We never go to the city park because it is big and harder to watch the kids at- so we usually just stick to the park in our housing development.  So it was a special thing- plus we ran into one of Kate's favorite boys from church and school there who she played with for an hour or so.
Next up roasting Peeps at home in our fire pit.
In the end it was a super long, and fun family day together.
I love my Kate.  I see more of myself in her than any of the other kids.  The way she looks, the way she acts.  Tonight she was wearing one of my old soccer jerseys to bed- which had my name on it, with her hair up, and giving me some attitude.  She might as well have been me :)

No comments: