Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 15, 2014




















For FHE this week I had the great idea to make gingerbread houses like you do at Christmas, but make them haunted.  A quick trip to the grocery store with the three youngest kids while Kate was at piano lessons we found all kinds of perfect things for it.  Chocolate Grahm Crackers to the houses were black, orange and black licorice, pumpkins, ghosts, frosting....  The kids were great at getting the houses to balance and decorated with as much candy and frosting as possible- knowing that the end result was them getting to eat the house.  I had a lot of fun with this activity too and made a house.  Jake helped Sam and I helped Marianne.  Kate managed all by herself, and Bethany mostly just sat there eating candy.  Also the kids could hardly take a picture of this activity without making a spooky face.  I love that they are into Halloween just like me, and don't mind a bit of scary or spooky in the Halloween spirit.  They are afraid of roller coasters at Disneyland, but they aren't afraid of the severed body parts and skulls that decorate our house right now... go figure.  I guess they are my kids :)

No comments: