Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 19, 2014









1. Beth turned 18 months old.  And I intend to do a photoshoot with pictures and info about how she is a giant and adorable etc at some other point.  I thought this might be that photo shoot, but you can see her attitude about it was pretty sour.  It was however her first week in nursery which was amazing.  Jake happened to be in Washington DC last week so I was on my own for church-with four kids- seems impossible.  But not since she was going to nursery.  I took her in and she never looked back, I picked her up and the teachers all said she giggled the whole time and they all fell in love with her.  No surprise... just don't try to make her wear a headband and take her picture to commemorate such love.

2.  Kate at her piano recital.  Her very first piano recital!  She has only been taking since school began but she is learning so much so fast.  Her teacher does the recital and a convelascant hospital so that it is also a serve and as you can see you got to wear your Halloween costume for added fun- all the kids played at least one Halloween type song.  Kate looked a bit nervous to me as kids started to go- I think because they were mostly better than her.  They were also all older and been doing piano for more than 6 weeks, but she didn't know that and I could see how she felt as she waited.  Then she got up and played her first song.  And surprised even me when she did it by memory- like she had seen the other kids before her do.  Then she played a second Halloween song and then a Old McDonald duet with her teacher.  She did really well and I was super proud of her.  She came home and has been playing the piano non stop since.  We also recently put Kate in a children's choir which she is really liking. Kate seems to be the type to like everything and nothing all at once.  I've been trying to help her find that thing that she loves and is good at- and I think maybe music might be the fit for her.

No comments: