Monday, May 4, 2015

May 2nd, 2015 April 9, 2015














Kate is 8.

Kate at 8.  She is growing up so quickly.  And I see so much of myself in her.  I took these photos for her 8 year old birthday pictures/ baptism pictures and I felt like I was looking in a time machine at myself.    Kate is very small for her age still, but that doesn't seem to bother her or harm her confidence.  She tries very hard to please and wants to be good.  She also gets frustrated easily especially when things don't go perfectly.  Kate does well in school and devours books.  For her birthday she got a huge selection of Rohl Dahl books and has read almost the entire set in a matter of weeks.  We go downstairs hours after tucking her in and find her either still reading or fallen asleep with a book on her face.  She is also very much the performer.  At her baptismal interview the bishop was so impressed with her answers and manner that he asked her to speak as the youth speaker the following sunday.  Other baptismal candidates have not been doing that.    At her baptism she sang and played the piano in a musical number, and the following Sunday bore her testimony with confidence and without any kind of fear or shyness.  This makes me so happy.  I want nothing more than for her to be proud and confident of who she is.  In these pictures you can see she is wearing high heels.  She asked specifically to get high heels for her baptism, and I agreed.  Kate asks for nothing and I'm happy such simple things make her happy.  She is usually a great big sister, and tries to be kind and helpful with her siblings.  She still is picky about food and the list of food she detests grows each week it seems.  She likes Chinese Food.  She likes the color teal, she loves Beanie Boo stuffed Animals, and books, and writing in her journal.  She likes playing outside with friends.  I heard from a friend that she had brought some trinkets from home of hers and was telling riddles and given out the trinkets for prizes at the bus stop just today.  This is very much Kate!  She can see when somebody seems to need a little love and tries to give it.  She is the only kids that doesn't always prefer me but will choose Dad to cuddle with or tuck her in at night or take her somewhere.  She is responsible and often has her homework done without me even asking.

Fav Color? "Turquoise because it is bright"
Fav Food? "Spagetti"
Fav Clothes? "Jean shirt with Jeans and other jean stuff"
Fav Friend? "Addy"
What do you like to do? "Skip Rope, Hula hoop, Playing with my Boo Babies"
What is great about being eight "You get to get baptized,  that is all"
What do you like about school "Math and Science"
What are you good at? "Making Friends"
What is the best thing you did this year? "Get baptized.  Get Boo Boo Babies.  That is all"
What do you want to be when you grow up "Art teacher because I like art"

No comments: