Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 6th 2015

Funny Kids Lately

Beth:  She got a new toy from her grandma for her birthday you can program to say some of your favorite things.  When asked what her favorite food was  I responded for her "I think it is strawberries"  Beth chimed in without hesitation "no candy"   Ha!  She totally understood the conversation and her response was perfect

Marianne:  She has been hilarious lately.  On our vacation she was playing superheros action figures with her siblings and Kate says to the bad guy figure "now you are dead forever"  without missing a beat Mari says "no Jesus can make you come back"  Love that girl
Also on our vacation the kids were talking about what they want to be when they grow up.  Marianne says she wants to be a mermaid.  The older kids tell her she can't be a mermaid.  I say leave her alone she can be anything she wants to be.  Several days later in the middle of the night Marianne wakes up crying.  She comes to my room crying and says "Mom I don't want to be a mermaid when I grow up" I tell her she doesn't have to be a mermaid.  She says she doesn't want to grow up.  She wants to be my baby forever.  So for a week or so she checks in with me.  Asking, can I just be your baby forever?  She asks.  Of course I say YES!!!  a million yes!
Today however she changes again.  "I just want to be a grown up mom like you when I grow up?"  I tell her I would love if she was a mom and I was the grandma.  Mari tells me "I don't know how to be a mom will you teach me?"  Sweetest girl ever.  I tell her of course "She says teach me to change Bethy's diaper and wash my blankie by myself and clean the whole house all by myself"  Yes Mari I will teach you all these things.  So I let her do the sticky tabs on Beths diaper and she exclaims "Now I Know How!"  This girls is a wonderful treat.  Right now she is reading Beth a book because that is what Mom's do and she is learning to be a mom  :)

No comments: