Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zoo Day


About a week ago Jake and I took Kate to the Zoo in Salt Lake. I have wanted to for a while, but it seems things always come up so it was real last minute and it turned out that we didn't really need very long at the zoo anyways. Three hours was plenty of time to see all the animals and stop for a small lunch. I had this really great video of Kate "reading" the zoo map, but sadly deleted it because I am not sure how to work my new camera yet. Too Bad :( It took Kate a minute to warm up to what was going on but then she got into it. She started "Neighing" to anything big and really liked the boars and especially the birds... any birds... even the birds just around the park eating leftover picnic dinners. She would point and say "Bir, Bir, Bir". She also liked the giraffes but then got distracted when a butterfly flew by. Jake had to carry her most the time though because she didn't like being in the stroller and she couldn't really see in it anyway. It was fun to share her first zoo day with her. She makes everything so fun.

3 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

Kate look so old in this picture (in a "older than she looked when she was a baby," old, not "old woman" old). Sounds like she and Jack are about to have a cousin come along shortly. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun day. What a great picture of Kate! Love being with you, thanks again for the hospitality!

Ali said...

I love that picture of her, her little expression is great! Thanks again for watching Noah last week I think I will be thanking you for months to come!!