Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July- Celebrate!

Happy 4th. I love July. Love, Love, Love! It is like a month long celebration and vacation starting with the 4th of July. We spent most the day preparing for Scout Camp, but headed to a party at the park. Later it was off to my parents for a BBQ, campfire and fireworks.If you think these are the best looking boys you have ever seen- you are right.

Why is it tradition for everyone to wear patriotic colors on the 4th? I have my family do it too and don't they all look so happy about it.
We took the kids to the old fashioned 4th at the Main Street Park. I am not sure what we expected. Turns out "old fashioned" means "no effort- little fun". Especially since they were charging for everything (really $2 for a balloon?). We spent most the time letting Kate play at the park.

While Kate played on the swings with Dad, I played dress Sam up and take some more fun 4th of July pictures.
Kate and I with sparklers. Kate tried to blow them out and sang Happy Birthday.
Kate hanging out with Ali. I was a little worried about Kate burning herself on the fire or fireworks, so she was always being held.

Kate watching fireworks with Grandpa. Where was Sam during the festivities. He was asleep. I put him down around 7:30 and he slept until 10:00 when we left. Then I put him back to sleep when we got home and he slept until 6:00 am. I hope he keeps that up while I am on my own this week.

2 comments:

Ming said...

That second pic of Sam is ADORABLE!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

Love the pics, your kids are so cute. we must have just missed you at the park...we were there too getting our faces painted and balloons of course...