Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 23, 2013




Poor Marianne has been sick now with the flu.  As if her week was not weird enough.  As if I didn't feel bad about not being able to give her the same amount of attention.  We found her two nights ago asleep in her own puke.  If that doesn't make you feel like a horrible mom I'm not sure what does.
The kids are all so great with the baby, but mostly Marianne.  She seems to love it like one of her baby dolls. She is always bringing it blankets and toys, and patting its head and saying "soft"  and kissing it.  She grew up of course this week as my babies always do the week I bring home a new baby.  I knew it would happen. Which is why the week before the baby came I tried with all my might to get Marianne to take a nap and cuddle with me.  But of course she wouldn't go for it.  That is all.  Marianne is now a well talking giant saying whole sentences like this mornings "Mama where are you?".

Bethany thankfully doesn't seem to have grown to much yet.  Still so little.  We rarely see her eyes, even when she is awake.  She is bit different than some babies we've had.  She nurses for over an hour at at time, acts like she is always starving and then will finally fall asleep after being awake for a few hours.  And sleep for four.  We got her to take a bottle last night for the first time which was a relief.  Seeing as how like I said she will nurse for up to an hour or more every time she eats.  This morning I woke up after noon.  Good thing my husband is home.  Marianne was taking a nap and the kids were playing in the basement an hour before.  I got stuck in my room nursing baby Bethany for a good hour and feel asleep.  When I awoke Kate had been taking to the bus and the children given lunch.  Well what do you expect, when I am exhausted and I am laying in my bed cuddled up with a sweet baby in the warm blankets for an hour.  I'm sure I was out in ten minutes or less.

No comments: