Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 1, 2013











1 & 2
Marianne is almost two.  It has become obvious at our house.
Either that or she is missing her bottle which was taken away finally.
Or maybe she has an ear infection again.
Or maybe she is hungry, she is constantly eating and still always seems to want more.
Or maybe she isn't getting enough sleep.... she does wake up around 5:30am.
But she has gone from my always happy delightful good listener to a crying mess.
It is hard to be small when the other kids are big and get to do big kid things.
She has figured out what she wants and that she has choices I guess.  She has been giving me a run for my money this week.

3.
Marianne plays with Mallory in her room.  A first friend it seems for Marianne.  She really is getting bigger.

4.
Sam plays the piano.
We got this piano around Jake's birthday. A long awaited purchase we've been excited about.  We imagined ourselves playing in the evenings, brushing up our creaky skills.  Instead mostly the children play it..... all the time.  And I am constantly running to hush it when one of the baby girls is taking a nap.  Kate has already taught herself how to play a few songs, just listening to the sounds and figuring it out.

5.
Father son campout.  Jake took Sam to the Father son campout this weekend.  Saying he was excited about it would be an understanment of grand proportion.  He asked every day if it was friday yet.  He was excited to pack his bag.  They had a fire which Sam was scared of, and ate hot dogs and did normal camping stuff plus went on a paddle boat.  Sam told me his favorite part was building the tent with his Dad.  I should have guessed.  He loves building and helping more than playing.  Jake told me he would only sleep in a cheap little kid sleeping bag they had brought for him, instead of sleep with it and a normal sleeping bag.  He woke up in the night freezing and Jake helped him get into the 2nd sleeping bag.  He came home and even after a bath was covered in dirt I attempted to scrub off, but he cried I was scrubbing too hard so I quit and he still has dirt on him.
While the boys were away the girl and I attempted a fun evening of our own.  We visited our cousins, got snow cones, and I let Kate rent two movies from the library which we watched together in my bed and then she got to sleep in my room which she thinks is really special.





No comments: