Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23, 2013


















 A week or two in photos.  Where has the last month gone?  I think I could sleep for a year.  The yard and four kids are wearing me out.  Especially now that Bethany likes to wake up every hour between 1am and 5am. I hope it is just a growth spurt.

Seriously though, I was telling some friends this week when they were asking about what four kids is like -how you just get to a point of choosing your sanity or not caring.  And that is what makes four kids easier than three.  You are more likely to choose not caring instead of going crazy.  Lucky for me I usually choose not caring now- not always (ask the kids what I am like trying to get them ready to go to church).

Choosing not caring over sanity is exactly why until she pooped all over herself and the carpet this afternoon, Bethany had not received a bath in 8 days.  Eight Days!  I shouldn't tell the world that.  Is it better if you know I wiped her down with wipes a few times in between?  It is better if you know that my other children  had baths at least every three days?  It is worse if you know that the main reason she hadn't had a bath was because I bathe her in the sink, and I like to clean the sink before I bathe her in it, and I hadn't clean the sink in 8 days?
Did I tell you how I was most certain we had a flea infestation in our home.That is how I know how long it has been since Bethany had a bath. Because it was during the "I'm sure we have fleas in our house" panic that both her and the sink were cleaned.  Now I really shouldn't tell the world that, but since it ended up not being true- the fleas- it is now a humorous story.  Or a horrible commentary on my sanity. I woke up one morning (at 3am) with itchy spots and was certain they were flea bites.  That is what being completely sleep deprived and researching health issues on the internet at three in the morning will get you.  So I got up  proceeded to clean the entire house with as much steam power, sanitizer, etc as I could as well as throw every article of clothing, blanket, towel etc. into the laundry room.  Make a run to Walmart at 6am to purchase flea traps, spray and more cleaning supplies and return home to do the laundry until the family woke up an hour later.   I am still doing the laundry I threw in the laundry room 8 day later.  I did not catch one flea with my traps, not one other person was bitten, and with some more sleep, I later and more reasonably concluded the itchy bites did not resemble flea bites and were actually hives (likely caused by stress, not sleeping, one spider bite, too much sun, being covered in dirt, mulch and yard work all the time, some Doterra Oils,  not sleeping, not sleeping, having three sick kids for the last two weeks, not sleeping and stress) and not fleas.  See it is a fine line that sanity.

Here are the pictures-


1&2.   Sam enjoys a water fight with some of the kids in the nieghborhood. I think it was his first water fight ever.  At first he was mad when some of the kids threw a balloon at him full of water.  Then he got into it. "Boys against Girls"  he told me, with about 8 kids for about two hours all around the yards.

3.  Mary still love her blocks.

4. Bethy studying up on her animals/ tummy time

5. Catching a smile

6.  Her eyes are getting bigger

7. Sam's silly face.  I think he has my skin.  He has a pretty good tan right now.

8. Marianne stacking books.  Who knows why.

9.  Her eyes are even bigger.

10 & 11.  Marianne hams it up before church

12.  Sam joins in.  He gave a his first talk in Primary today.  He was so excited he kept loudly telling everyone in the Primary room " I get to give the talk"  even after we reminded him twice to be reverent.  So glad he was so excited and not nervous one bit.

13 & 14. Kate obliges me with a photo.  She wants to be a dancer now and likes to dress up pretty.

15. What has Bethany got herself into around here..... pretend fleas, no bath and so many silly kids.


2 comments:

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

You and Jake make the prettiest babies! You are also awesome parents. 3 was tough for me. Once you run out of arms what's one more! Sanity is overrated anyway and so are clean sinks! I am sure it is the lack of sleep doesn't help. Hope that phase passes soon.

lilybit said...

You are so funny! We miss you.