Monday, July 15, 2013

July 14, 2013
























This weekend was great.  After a very long stressful week, for silly reasons, we spent the entire weekend enjoying our family in town for our Bethany's blessing. This was the first time Jake's parents got to meet our sweet new girl, as well a his sister and her family from Idaho.   We had people coming and going all weekend, and it was so much to fun, especially to have everyone in our home.  Our kids may have had the best weekend of their lives, as their 6 cousins from Idaho spent the night.  They stayed up so late, and we rarely saw them, especially Kate and Sam.  We had cousins over from Orem, West Jordan and Lehi as well.  It was also my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than with so many of the people I love.  I almost always get too caught up in visiting with family that I never take pictures.  I didnt get any pictures of my family who was also in and out all weekend, but I did get the camera out for a few minutes toward the end of Sunday night and snapped a few pictures to remember our great weekend.  On Sunday at church as I sat with Bethany asleep in my arms dressed in her cute white gown waiting for her to be blessed with family all around, I looked at her with her scrunched up nose and her hand clinging to my shirt collar and I couldn't have felt more blessed to have her.  Bethany was giving a blessing in which Jake mentioned that she grow up to have some of the same attriubtes and strengths of the great grandma for which she is named, then later My mother in law told me even more stories about the Dorothy I never met.  She seems to be the more revered and loved ancestor of the Freeman family who has a huge valiant posterity all because of her own faith and courage and I couldn't help but feel we named our little Bethany Dorothy perfectly.


No comments: