Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 16, 2013





















To celebrate my 31st birthday  as a family, we went up to The Canyon's to ride the Gondola.  I thought the kids would love it.  And I was right.  And it was the perfect way to spend the day as a family.  Kate thought it was cool and wished it would go faster, Sam was elated, over the moon, shouting "we are flying"  with some reference to "like Batman" I'm sure (he is obsessed right now) and Marianne was unsure, then terrified, than alright . You can see it all in their faces in these photos. And Bethany was the perfect trooper as always.  When we arrived at the top we found some great little kids nature hike which the kids were also super thrilled about.  It started to rain on us so we headed back.  And rode the gondola back down the mountain. On the way back the kids compared notes on the things we had found.  Kate claims to have never seen a bumble bee until up there, or a flower with three colors.  She was very responsive  to the nature hike.  Mary was covered in dirt because she tripped a few times and the fine dirt stuck hard to her sun screened arms.  We had planned to eat at one of the restaurants at the top, but it was closed for a private event.  So we at at Cafe Rio just around the corner.
We love Sun Valley, ID as a vacation, it is a family favorite  in fact Kate says she likes it better than Disneyland- but being up in Park City for the day made us realize that Park City is really the same vacation... only we live 20 minutes away.  We plan on making lots more trips to the ski resorts during summer.  It was a great day.

2 comments:

LaCee Clayburn said...

Isn't it funny how the best birthday for us moms is usually an outing the whole family can go on and the kids will love? Every year on my birthday all I want to do is go out as a family :)

Crystal said...

@LaCee. You must be a better mom than me... most the time all I want for my birthday is a nap and to be by myself doing whatever I want for the day, but having fun with the kids is the next best thing :)