Sunday, March 16, 2014

February 23, 2014



















My Sam, My Man.
He turned FIVE a few weeks ago, and I am just getting around to posting his handsome face here.
We went on an adventure, in the woods together.
He wore his raccoon sweatshirt like he usually does and fit right in in the forest.
I brought my camera. He found sticks- which to him were ski poles, row boat oars, fishing poles, and sticks. We also found pine cones, leaves, animal holes and bees.... and lots of horse poop.
He is a delightful guy my Sam.
He has really overcome his shyness this year, in preschool and around the neighborhood, learning to make and keep new friends. Who wouldn't want this guy as your friend?  Really?
He has been a really sweet brother too, especially to his two little sisters who is cares for and loves so sweetly.  I can see in his face how careful he tries to be with his baby sister and how he tried to make her smile and comfortable.  And it makes it even better that I am not sure if he wants to care for her because he loves her, or because he loves me.  You see...
He  is still the most helpful guy you could ever want around, not only does he help and follow his Dad around at any chance he gets, he is willing to help me too.  In fact- he is currently complains the least when asked to do a chore, loves to help me cook, and happily runs errands or helps me with my projects- he is a helper.
He is smart.  He is starting to learn how to sound out word to read- which is so amazing to me, and absorbs everything his beloved Mrs. Duke tells him at preschool.
He loves working on things, even making up his own work sometimes.  He loves playing all kinds of very boy things like Legos, and digging in the dirt, Transformers, and soccer, and superhero video games, and tractors, and riding his bikes super fast.  He also loves going on walks outside whenever it is nice enough with me, or having a friend over.  I often have to remind him that the trampoline is not a wrestling mat when he has his friends over.
He asks a lot of questions which make me know all the interesting things he is trying to figure out and learn about.  And I love it.
And he is so very handsome and loving.
He usually demands that I tuck him in at night.  Which is very special.  Especially since he most often prefers to do manly things with Dad, but not get tucked in.  For that he prefers me.
He wants to be a skier now when he grows up, or maybe a fireman, or a builder.
He wants to have a lot of brothers in his family... he means sons, he wants to have a lot of sons because he doesn't have any brothers and he is envious of all the brothers he sees everyone else seem to have.
His favorite color is blue... but likely because that is what Dad says his favorite color is, because he seems to pick out orange or even green things when he gets to pick something.  But always answers blue, like Dad.
His favorite food is hamburgers still, or turkey sandwiches- which he will even make for himself now without even asking me for help.
I am pretty lucky to have this little guy in my life and on my side.
He is a great example of pure love in our house.
I don't want him to be five.  Not at all.  I want him to stay home with me still everyday and not go to school.  I like having him around to help me, and cuddle with when it is cold outside.  I like having him as my buddy in the afternoon when the girls are napping.  I don't want his sweetheart to go into the world which can sometimes not be so sweet.
But it is clear that he is growing up- because when we bought school clothes for preschool this last year we bought mostly size 3T  and now when we buy something new, we get a 5T.  Though he is still in the 3% for height and the 25% for weight, he seems to have grown a few inches in just the last two months or so.  It is clear he is growing up because of all the things he can do on his own, like make his own lunch, ride a bike with out training wheels, go next door and get a friend to play, clean his own room all by himself, assemble lego sets by following the directions :)   I wish he could just stay 4 forever, because 4 year old boys are pretty great.  But I don't doubt that 5 year old Sam is pretty great too.
My sweetheart Sam. He is a really good guy, and I'm so glad he is my little guy.

No comments: