Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 12, 2014
















1,2,3  Kate and I went on an ice skating date.  That Saturday every kid got special time.  1st Jake took Mari to the Pet Store and to the Dollar Store.  She loved looking at the animals and picked out a soda for herself and a bag of animal crackers.  Next Kate and I went skating.  She was pretty wobbly, but determined.  The ice was very melty and every time she fell she fell in a puddle- silly mom had told her not to wear snow pants because I thought it would make it harder to move. So she was soaked through.  We lasted about 40 minutes before she decided it was time for some hot chocolate.  It was a great day with my girl.  She has a new interest in ice skating after the winter olympics were on.  Then Sam and Jake went out to see the new Lego movie together. Of course Bethy just got lots of cuddling and nursing with Mom for her special time.  If was a great day with all the kids

4.  Sam bought a remote control car with some of his birthday money from his grandparents.  He has a lot of money and it was burning a hole in his pocket.  I tried to convince him to save it and think about something he wanted but he wanted everything he saw at every store we went to, until he finally bought this car on day while we were at tjmaxx.  It has been  a pretty great little car in the end.  But the idea of saving seems completely lost on him

5.  Jake and I have been participating in a ward scripture challenge.  And so we occasionally check in with one another.  The kids tease Jake that "Mom is winning again"  This night after dinner the kids got their scriptures and tried to race each other to read them "I am faster than you, I am beating you"  doe scripture reading count if you are fighting with your sister about it the whole time?

6,7,8.  Marianne being silly.  She must look up to Kate a lot, because Kate has always been our resident silly expert in our family.  Marianne is following suit.  Lots of silly dances and silly faces

9.  I am wearing my wedding ring. I haven't been able to get it on my finger because of pregnancy, and weight after pregnancy (yes I even gain weight in my hands... weight I have to loose) Because I haven't worn this ring since I was very early pregnant with Marianne.  What is that like 3plus year ago.  I never lost all my weight between Marianne and Bethany seeing as how I got pregnant with bethy when Mari was only 10 month old, so I am just now finally getting it on my finger.  And it is still a tight fit as I still have a few pounds to go.  I doubt I will wear it much still though, since I am usually just around the house.  And Jake says I don't need a wedding ring because I am usually dragging several kids wherever I go, and that is good enough for a wedding ring anyways.  But at least I could wear it if I wanted to.

10.  We have been playing outside every day this past week.  The weather has been perfect.  This is the view from where I sit on the grass and play with Bethy while the kids ride their bikes in the culda sac.  It is pretty great!.

11.  I let Bethany get a sunburn last week.  She was really only outside in the sun for 45 minutes, and had a hood on, but it got her precious fair skin.  I put lotions and aloe on it reapeatedly, until it started peeling a bit.  Silly mom-  March sun can sunburn too.

12.  I drove Kate to the bus stop the other day because there was some construction near by that worried me, and as I pulled to the stop my Rodeo- which I have had since before I married Jake turned over to 150,000 miles.  Really I have had the car for 12 year and it is just now getting to 150,000 that seems pretty incredible, even though we don't drive it now much since we can't all fit in it.

No comments: