Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 12, 2015





































































































Our Marianne turned four this week.  We celebrated on Thursday the 12th.
We had decided on a rainbow unicorn birthday months and months ago.  Months ago in the Spring when all the other kids got their birthdays and she had to wait.  She said a hundred times between then and now"my birthday is in the summer with yours right mom?"  and then later when it was almost time "i'm being so patient for my birthday right mom?"  And yes she was.  Patient and so very excited.
I loved throwing a rainbow unicorn birthday for her.  It is perfect for a four year old girl like Marianne who is so dreamy and happy.
She picked out the plates and cups and I surprised her with the rest.  She had picked out a unicorn rainbow cake at the bakery in town she saw months and months ago, but then they called the day before to say they couldn't make it so we had to settle with a last minute cake, but it would still just fine.  Plus I put  giant unicorn on it, and everything is better with a giant unicorn.
We put rainbow braclets for everybody, colored streamers, suckers that were rainbow colored and called unicorn horns which obviously we needed.  She wore a rainbow shirt half the day and then a unicorn shirt the second half of the day.  It was beautiful and perfect and so her.
We started the morning with decorating and presents!!!
Marianne got a baby doll with a working toothbrush and diapers to change (they are suddenly into this kind of house play this summer).  She also got a giant unicorn bean boo baby.  Which are super hot items in our house.  A large collection of baby unicorns that fit in a castle.  She named them blue sky, sprinkles, butter cream, shiny, and star shine.  Which was just as amazing in itself because she is such a four year old girl.  She also got a pillowcase I had made with a pink baby unicorn with Marianne printed on it. As well as some charm brackets and necklaces.  One in particular she threw a giant tantrum about at a store a month ago and she had never thrown a tantrum in a store for something, so I snuck back and bought it.  She said it was the favorite thing she got, and I think that is true she hasn't take it off a week later.  But my favorite gifts were the cards Sam and Kate had created over a month ago all on their own for her.  They both stayed up late a couple nights secretly in their room coloring cards for her.  They both had unicorns and rainbows on them.  And kind words.  Kate's even had a poem that likened Marianne to everything she loves like kittens and rainbows and unicorns and clouds.  I loved it.  They made them a month ago and had me hide them.  I made my own to add to the pile.  They showed her and read them to her.  Mari is always making cards for us I knew she would love that!
Next up cake.  She blew out the candles and ate the middle of the rainbow.  She loved being the center of attention but was very polite and gracious.  We went around saying all the things we loved about Marianne which included a lot about how fun and funny she was from the kids.  As well as how kind and happy and generous and thoughtful she was.  Marianne really does have a natural gift to be happy and have fun.  Her eyes just dance and she giggles through the day.  And she is always giving me and her siblings anything of hers that she thinks we want or might like.  I do have about 50 drawings stacked up in my dresser that she thinks I should keep because she spent an hour drawing me a kitten or a puppy or some other thing she is sure I love.  And I do.
Next she played with her new toys with the kids.  Kate helped her make her bed all up with her new pillow and animals.
We then got ready for seven peaks.  We had told her she could bring a friend to Seven Peaks with us so she took Mallory Pearson.  I was worried this would not work out for some reason.  Just because I have bad luck sometimes.  That seven peaks would be crowded or be full for the day or something- but it worked out perfectly.  The kids had  a great afternoon.  Mari was having the best day of her life, all the kids were and because of it I couldn't have been happier.  Spending the whole day together as a family is one of the best parts of birthdays.
We came home and had a minute of down time.  Then we went and got Dairy Keen for dinner and took it to the park where the farmers market was happening.  So we ate our picnic to the featured band then played on the playground until almost dark.
We came home and got ready for bed. Mari's friend had given her a new nightgown for her birthday so she got it on with her new pillows and animals and had just laid down and been tucked in when I saw a rainbow in the sky.   I grabbed Marianne out of bed to show her.  To show her that she is so loved that Heavenly Father even sent her a rainbow just for her rainbow unicorn birthday.  It was so literally the perfect end to a rainbow unicorn 4th birthday party that could ever be!
I only hope every birthday for her is as happy and magical as this one was!  It was my favorite birthday ever!
We love our Marianne!  She is such a truly special and beautiful girl inside and out.  She has been my rainbow before, after and during most the rainstorms of the last 5 years.  I am so blessed by her gift of joy!  We all are!  Happy 4th birthday Mari!

No comments: