Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall Top Ten


Fall is my favorite time of year- if it is not yours, here are some reasons to reconsider.
1. How every picture you take looks like it belongs in a calander- (ie, pict to the left)
2. Eating anything that is Pumpkin and Spice to include but not limited to Spice Muffins, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Chocolate Pumpking Bread, Choclate Zucchini Bread (not a pumpkin but in the squash family); and Halloween candy- also not Pumpkin but whose wouldn't list it.
3. The way it smells old outside, and like Pumpkin and Spice baked goods inside.
4. Taking a nap on the couch cuddled with Kate in the afternoon as I listen to the wind outside russle the leaves and bang the gate back and forth.
5. Halloween, my favorite holiday, costumes, candy, parties, decor, we love it all. Kate's costume is already ready to go.
6. How I can now use things, that I use all year including in the summer because i am always cold, but somehow now seem moderatle more approriate now that the temperature has dropped below 70 degrees.(ie, quilts, hoodies, the car heater, hot chocolate)
7. The Return of real primetime programming. (Prison Break, The Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy-thank goodness), and along with this guilt free television watching, now that it is too cold to do something outside.
8. My motivation to excersize outside increases now that it is not soooo hot.
9. College Football. Well okay only BYU football, but my husband I think is glad I have at least some interest in SOME team and SOME sport for SOME period of time.
10. Fall brings back good memories, memories of good changes, of starting school, of falling in love.

8 comments:

Crystal and Jake said...

This may just be my first post that does not include Kate in it... what a suprise.

Anonymous said...

I love the slide show movie at the bottom, so cute!

DC Diva said...

Love this post b/c I love fall too! Number 5 made me really sad we don't all live close anymore... what will we do WITHOUT a Lind Halloween Party??? Two years is too much. What will Kate be for Halloween (guess this means Kate was mentioned;)).

Harley King said...

I love the Fall. This is a great list.

The cooler weather makes me want to run.

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

Technically, Kate is in this post (see #4, and the halloween costumes)... I love fall too, more than any other season. Let's get together soon. Weekend lunch/weeknight dinner?

Crystal and Jake said...

Okay- Thank you to Wendy and Errin for pointing out that Kate is mentioned in this post. Twice in fact. I guess it includes her- but at least she is not the subject matter.

Amy said...

Loved this post!! I can relate to so many of these things! Can't wait to see Kate's costume!

Ming said...

I LOVE fall too. Also my favorite season, although it really hasn't felt like fall in NYC until today. We've been having summer weather forever! Finally today I could walk down into the subway without wanting to die from heat exhaustion. Although it went from hot to freezing in one day, I'm welcoming the change! I love that crispness in the air. I'm looking forward to un-vacuum packing my sweaters tomorrow and putting away all of my shorts. Now if I can just stop working for 5 seconds and take a trip to Vermont I'd really be in fall heaven. Fall leaves just aren't the same when you only see one every 19 blocks!