Friday, December 14, 2007



What a week! We started the week on Sunday with my brother Craig's mission farewell- he is headed to Tawain in three weeks! I just liked this picture of Craig and my sister Ali with Kate and wanted to post it.
As you can see from the other picture- Kate is learning new things everyday. For example, last night she learned how to sleep for 7 hours. This is one of the first times in 8 months I have got more than 6 hours of sleep! Kate did not wake until 6:oo am. She is adding words to her vocab each day. Although I still think she only knows what she is saying when she says "dog" and "dad". She loves to clap, and last night clapped through the ward Christmas program! She is slowly taking steps with the furniture for support, has learned how to take off her pants (great), pull all the books from the shelves, open the cupboards, and just when we thought I might stand a chance in this wrestling match, she learned how to climb the stairs! All this in one week! I can't wait to see what the next week brings- at this rate she'll probally be driving by the next time I post.... it is fun to watch her grow, but a little sad she has gone from baby to toddler so quickly.

4 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Oh my gosh! Look at your little siblings....Where has the time gone? I cannot believe your brother is getting ready to go on a mission--and look how grown up Alli is!!!

The Kay Family said...

Looks like Keysha beat me to the "Oh My Gosh"-ing about how grown up your siblings are, so I'll just say how cute little Kate is getting! She seems like she is getting an adventureous spirit. . . gotta love that!! You guys are such a beautiful family in your new profile picture. I love it!!

Polliwog said...

Oh, what fun a growing baby is. They're so sweet when they're tiny, but I really love from 8 months on because you can see so much development and they get more and more fun! I can't wait to see her (and you guys) next week!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i just got so sad looking at ali. mostly because i feel OLD-ASS. miss you.