Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh Boy!

Our first family photo of our family of four.

I'm at about 23 weeks now- over half way I keep telling myself. This week we got to go and get our ultrasound done. Kate and Jake came of course to find that we will be adding a little baby boy to Team Freeman in February. I was sure it was a girl too- so it was a fun surprise. We will be an even four some now. The doctors did find a small problem with his kidneys. They said not to get to0 worried yet-(do they know pregnant women at all?) and we would do another ultrasound in a few weeks to see if the problem is still there. Obviously we are a little concerned about the problem- but excited we get to have some extra ultrasounds in the weeks to come and more pictures to share. We actually have a lot more boy names than girl names- so that is a bonus. I did go through all of Kate's clothes and try to find all the gender neutral things to start putting in the new babies room- Sadly it turns out that most everything she has is pink, so I guess we will be just packing away a closet full of clothes. Last night we decided to move Kate into her big girl bed and get her used to not having the crib before we are even more desperate for sleep. She seemed very excited about it until we left her there- she kept getting up and crying. I'm not sure what I expected but I did not think it would take her an hour and a half to figure it out. She did sleep through the night in it though then this morning I heard her wake up and she came right to our room.
When it was warm Kate and I would go to the park everyday. Now that the weather has changed she is apparently missing the slides. At her Grandma's the other day she discovered how this steep grassy hill in their yard doubles and sliding fun. She would roll a little too much even and fall. She thought it was fun and she looked really cute doing it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great first family picture. Kate will love having a new baby brother soon. You make a beautiful family

The Bennetts said...

Congratulations! Boys are the best...and so are girls, so you have the perfect situation!

Polliwog said...

Yay!! Well, this won't be a money-saving venture, but at least Jake won't be outnumbered like D is. We are so excited for you guys!

Ali said...

Hooray for little boys! Congratulations!

DC Diva said...

Ten cheers for big girl beds AND for little boys -- I know you know a GREAT name WITH family ties.;) Congrats!!! And keep us posted on the kidneys... hopefully it's nothing.

Natalie said...

Congrats! It is nice having a boy and a girl. You are following in my footsteps. A girl than a boy and they are 22 months apart. How fun! Well if you need anything let me know.

Horner Family said...

Congrats on a boy! I'm so excited for you guys!

DeeAnn said...

a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! So excited to have another little boy in our family! Kate gets a little brother! :) Love you guys! COngrats!

Amy said...

Congrats on a boy!! They are so much fun and you'll love having one of each, I'm sure! Kate's little outfit in that last picture is adorable.

Emily said...

I didn't realize our due dates were so close. Fun! (I'm due the end of January) Cute family picture, and congrats on the little boy. Keep us posted on the kidneys. We'll pray for your little guy.

Unknown said...

hip hip hooray!

amy + jeff said...

Yeah for a brother! It was fun to see you guys and hear your news. We are sooo excited for the Freeman family of four!

Sam and Darcy said...

Congrats on the boy! I love my boys! I love your Halloween pics. Clever!