Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pum Pums!



Everyday when we go outside Kate points across the street to our neighbors and says "pumpums". Yes the neighbors have about 25 pumpkins on their front porch- creatively decorated with hay and such, and Kate was a little jealous. We decided to go some pumpums of our own last night. I wanted going to the pumpkin patch to be a fun family event, a fun memory of us with Kate when she was our only child, her first chance it seems to really understand the fun of a holiday- we would wander through a field looking for the perfect pumpkin, take a hay ride and sip some cider. Good luck finding and actual pumpkin patch though. I believe there was one about 50 minutes away, but by the time Jake got off work and we made it there is would have been dark. I found a nursery in Kamas that had a "pumpkin patch"- but really it was just pumpkins sitting in piles. Better than the grocery store I suppose but I was really looking for a pick your own pumpkin... patch. All I have been able to find- within a reasonable distance are pumpkin piles. This place was kind and let us stay even though they were closing, we were able to get a few pumpkins and I guess in the end Kate is happy just to have pumpkins on her front porch too. Today we have gone out to see them twice and every time she passes the front door she says "pumpums". And even though they were just pumpkin piles it still seemed exciting to her.

5 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

I love looking at your blog. You are always doing such fun things. Your kid is so cute! This time of year is filled with fun activities.

Anonymous said...

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter all the time. That is a bummer you couldn't find an actual patch. We have two really good farms about 15 min from us that do really fun fall activities and they have real pumpkin patches. It doesn't look like she minded what she found at all though.

DeeAnn said...

Pumpkin patches are so fun! I love the pictures you put on here of her! My back ground is always getting updated, with a new picture!

Meagan said...

Fun- I love this time of year- I'm hoping we can find a good pumpkin patch to visit around here- not that I have a cute front porch to display them on, but it's still fun. Kate it such a cutie- she seems like she's at such a fun age. I hope you're feeling better Crystal. Good luck with everything.

KEYSHA said...

Hooray for little boys! I love having both! (It just stinks you can't use your stuff again, but it's always fun to buy new stuff!)