Monday, October 27, 2008

This Is Halloween, This is Halloween....

Halloween is here. Hooray! Since I love if possibly more than any other holiday. I feel like we have already had sufficient Halloween celebration and there is still a week and the actual day to go. On Friday we had a ward party. It was fun to see all the kiddos dressed up. Kate loved the kiddie carnival, spent most her time at the coloring table (shocking I know) and cried when I tried to take her around for the trunk or treat, I think she was just tuckered out by then. She feel asleep on the way home in her car seat in her costume with a sucker half eaten in her hand and all over her face. Mind you it is only about a two minute drive.
On Saturday we had some friends over for a Halloween Party. Last year we did not have a Halloween Party and I really felt like something was missing from October. It was a fun excuse to make cute invitations, go all out decorating the house and make some of my favorite party food. We did a haunted scavenger hunt, Competitive Halloween Charades and a costume contest. In the end I think it was a success. All that is left now to make the holiday complete is to watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" or some other scary film and hand out the rest of our candy.
Here we are- Senator McCain and Gov. Palin- we have been planning to be this for weeks. Jake came up with it because I am sometimes telling him that I think that in 60 years he will look a little like John McCain. Notice the campaign buttons I had to order on line. Also don't you think Jake looks pretty hot with white hair. I think we are decent look-a-likes. The fact that I am pregnant and showing I think just makes it a little funnier.
The party crew! There were some great costumes, I even think we were de-throned to the Littles for Best Costumes- they are the ones were the tacky Publisher's Clear House awarder and caught off guard house wife awardee. Cruella deVille, a pair of eyes, Screech and Lisa, a deer and Hunter, Speed Racer and Trixie, Three Witches, and Emergency Response Worker and a Blind Sports Ref completed the group.
Kate as an elephant at the ward party. It was a little difficult to think of something to go with our political theme- and Jeff and Amy came up with an elephant for me- Brilliant! Notice the color crayon in hand.

17 comments:

Lindsay said...

You guys look AWESOME!! I totally agree with you that you make decent look-alikes. I have to laugh about the pair of eyes, though...my hubby is going to be an ophthalmologist, and I'm totally planning the exact same thing! I guess I wasn't quite as original as I thought. :)

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

you guys look so great! i think jake should just have white hair all the time. and, the pregnant factor totally makes it!

DC Diva said...

This post makes me miss you guys SO MUCH! G-R-E-A-T costumes!!! You two really pull the pair off.

Happy Halloween!

Ming said...

I must admit my jealousy set it when I read this post. Why can't we ALL live by eachother on Halloween? I miss my Halloween Party in Provo. Looks like you've carried on the party beautifully. I only wish we could've been there. All the costumes are great! Jeff too wanted to be John McCain and Sarah Palin. However, I had other plans. You guys look great (as always). I'm pretty sure you won best costume every year at my party. I agree with you though on the Publisher's Clearing House couple. LOVE that costume. Very clever. Remember how I know Devin from HS? Small world. Sorry for the uber long comment. Looks like the party was a great success! Oh, one more thing...love the elephant costume on Kate. Perfect, and so cute! I just love and miss you guys. Are you sure you can't fly to Denver this Friday and come to my party?

Anonymous said...

You guys look amazing in your costumes. I just keep looking at Jake, its unbelievable how not himself he looks. Glad you had an awesome party. Love the little elephant.

DeeAnn said...

What a party! Glad I came, even though I was the only single one!!! :) Love you guys!

Kristina Brown said...

I'm still chuckling over your costumes. Well done. Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

You guys look hysterical, and Kate...adorable. How could your favorite holiday be anything but Halloween? Fun, Fun, Fun!

Kyle and Amy said...

I love the costumes they look so good! good Idea- were bummed we couldnt make the party.

Polliwog said...

Mark wants to be the senator too! Did you use the white hair spray stuff? I don't think I would make as good a palin though. Looks like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

ooops! I'm on poliwog's computer- so that last comment was from me not her.

Lindsie said...

Love, Love, LOVE the costumes!! Looks like you guys had a fun time! The white hair is a good look for Jake. You kids are clever!

KEYSHA said...

Great costumes---very clever! (Love the elephant!) I too am a HUGE lover of Halloween---the smells, the food, etc. Looks like you put together an awesome party!

The Tomlinsons said...

What great ideas for costumes! You guys looked great also. What a fun party.

Meagan said...

LOVE your costumes- that is great- you guys play the parts very well, and what a great idea for Kate- she is so cute! Hope you had a great halloween! Congratualtion by the way on finding out 'It's a Boy" we're so excited for your family. How are things going with the pregnancy and baby? Hope all is well.

Emily said...

The elephant idea completed your theme for Halloween. How funny! Hope all is going well for you with the pregnancy.

Emily said...

Seriously cool costumes!