Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sewing things for the Entourage

The kids have been sick the last day or two. Stuck inside I cleaned out my sewing box yesterday. There were tons of treasures and projects awaiting that I had forgotten about. Sam and Kate were the benefactors of my finds.Project 1: Sewing this tag blanket for Samuel. I started this when he was still in utero. I obviously had planned to have it complete more than 6 months ago. I have never made a blanket with silky tags before- seen it done though and gave it a try.
Project 2: Tie onesie. I have seen this idea all over the place lately. So I gave it a shot. I think I should have followed some directions, it doesn't look like the tie will hold up, but doing it gave me some great ideas of how I could make a different one out of one of Jake's old ties. Either way I am sure Sam will look like a stud in it.
Project 3: Kate and Samuel both got PJ pants. I had some nice gender neutral jungle print picked out but Kate didn't like it and wanted this balloon print. I told her we were going to make Pj's. She watched, with more excitement than I expected. Then when it was completed she wasn't too pleased. I think she thought I was going to make a hot air ballon.


Project 4: I made this doll for Kate out of scraps of old decorating material. She is loving it... which makes me hope it lasts a while.
You may ask "Crystal how do you get so much done in just one day's time?"... the answer you see below. Let your kids DESTROY the house. As you can see Kate has been "sewing" as well, meaning taking everything out of the sewing box and spreading it around the kitchen and living room.
I think I should go throug the sewing box more than once a year. Who knows what kind of goodies my kids will get.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! It looks like you know my secret for doing anything. Love them all. Really impressed with your skills. It would have taken me several days worth of naps to get that much done!