Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crap!

Why being her mother is so easy sometimes. It is now almost 4:00 pm. And Kate has literally been at this table for four hours today- with an hour or so break for lunch doing "crap" as she calls it. She means CRAFTS. Ten dollars of paper, glue, stickers, paint, pipe cleaner, scissors and pom poms placed in a tub is a treasure chest full of frogs and rainbow, presents, snakes and bunnies. At least that is what Kate has been creating today. I have tried to engage her in other things, and play crafts with her, but an hour or so and I was pretty bored. I like being creative, but her attention span for this project well exceeds mine. I don't think she will stop until every paper is cut, glued, painted, and embellished with googly eyes... or at least it is dinner time and everything has to be cleared off so we can eat at this table.

3 comments:

Roger and Janalyn said...

ohhhh...what a girl. It is so funny how well John and Kate play together even though they are SO different! John has been sick with a stomach bug. So I don't think we will come tomorrow. BUMMMER! Oh well we won't be sick next week, i hope!

Julander Family said...

So cute! Don't you love craft time! Ragan could do this for hours too! It's an awesome thing if you want to get anything done around the house! Much better than TV right? Although my kids do plenty of TV time too sadly!

DC Diva said...

Sometimes I really look forward to the day when Anderson's attention span is longer than 30 seconds. :)

BTW, I la-la-la-LOVED the comment you left on Harley's blog. I laughed out loud, said Amen and may or may not have been repeating it to him ever since. You rock sister. Best blog comment EVER.