Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Technology Trip

I love technology.
Don't you?
Why do I feel the need to make this declaration right now?
Because I am blogging from my car in the middle of no where... literally somewhere just north of Death Valley.
It is 1:00 in the morning. Jake is driving us to his parents. Usually when we road trip and the kids fall asleep I just get frustrated- there is no light to read by, and I can't sleep due to an over active worry gene that causes me to startle from an almost sleep at every brake, bump, or move that Jake makes as he drives. So I settle for listening to Tom Petty and eating Pringles.
Not tonight though.
Earlier I drove and Jake worked on this computer. Meaning we got to start earlier and will be in a bed by at the latest 2:30 am.
So far this is the greatest trip ever.
Ever since Jake started working exclusively from home about two months ago we have the internet wherever we go. He has officially out fitted himself to be internet capable almost all the time. With this net book- or at the very least his phone.
Which is why we can take a trip for more than a few days.
He can work anywhere now- so we can go anywhere now.
I pretty much love it.
I just checked your blog driving through Baker.
Jumped on facebook, did some online banking, looked at Olympic stats on Yahoo near Tahachapi.
Now I think I might watch the Bachelor episode I missed.
Yup. I pretty much love it.
If only I could upload a picture for you. It was a beautiful day for driving.
The state is so gorgeous. You should have seen the way the snow looked on the red mesas.

4 comments:

DC Diva said...

Jealous! Working exclusively from home? 100% wired always? Long road trips mid week? How can Harley get that gig?

Unknown said...

now if only that technology worked as good on the farm. Nice to see you! Cami is especially excited not to be so alone.

The Tomlinsons said...

So it sounds like you were driving right around where I live. We drive through Death Valley everytime we go to Utah. We like stopping at Beatty to get some Candy at the Candy Store. Tahachapi is just a short drive the other direction.

Hope you have a great trip!

Reynolds said...

Soak up some warmer temps for me!!