Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Days Like Yesterday

The last few days have been some of my hardest thus far in the pregnancy.
That may be evident to some of you based on my absence from church, my refusal to answer my ringing phone, and my solicitation for a mother's helper on facebook- which sadly only offered up sympathy and charity.
With the sick sick sick days come a lot of depressed feelings, and worried feelings of how I can to this for 25 more weeks.

Then days like yesterdat magically occur, and I think I might just make it.

I woke up feeling the same as how I went to bed, sick and sad about it.
I couldn't even get Kate ready for her school by 10:00.
Luckily I have a live in Knight in Shinning Armor who got her ready and delivered her to her preschool.
To top it off he decided he was going to take his car to get fixed and run to Home Depot, and he was going to take Sam along.
Which left me alone for at least 1.5 hours I calculated.
I mustered up the energy to pick up half the living room, which was covered in some Valentines crafts of the kids and half a box of Chex cereal.
And watched some morning magazine shows.
Then it was time to pick up Kate.
A little sad my rest/ alone time had passed so quickly, but aware of how lucky to have it I was, I got some shoes and pants on.
Then the phone rang.
It was a neighbor asking if she could pick up Kate from school with her own daughter and take Kate for the next two hours to play with her daughter (who Kate talks about on a daily basis).
It took me about 1/2 second to agree to the arrangement.
She brought Kate home around 1:30 claiming Kate had made it easier for her to clean her house.
Kate came home singing the wonders of her cute little friend and her toys.
Sam and Jake arrived home around 2:00.
It had meant 3.5 hours of myself resting on the couch time.
I should have gotten something done.
I should have put away the laundry.... umm the 18 loads of laundry piled in my bedroom.
But I just slept and rested on the couch.
And then I felt much better.

And the day got even better.
That night was the night Jake and I had arranged to go on our Valentines Date.
We left the kids at home with my mom around 4:00.
We went to Sears and it only took us 1.5 hours to pick out new stainless steel appliances for the kitchen. (I know I've been dreaming of them since me bought the house!)
Then we took ourselves to some Chinese Food and shopping for some birthday gifts for Sam.
Three hours with him alone and out on the town makes me feel like I am 23 again.
And I like it.

The night finished off with us at mutal, and a crazy storm.
The kids were not in bed until 10:00.
But that was okay. It was pretty much the best a day gets lately.

2 comments:

Reynolds said...

Days (and husbands) like that are priceless...

Ali Anderson said...

Alex and I are coming to heber saturday night we think. we'd like to visit with the freemans if you guys have any time! love ya!