Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is....


Jake picked up these Valentines for the troops yesterday.
They had Disney characters, pop-ups and sang. They were the perfect Valentines.
Especially since Sam likes "mackey" lately and always tells us so.
I caught the two of them mid afternoon cuddled in Kate's bed together reading their Valentines side by side. It was a perfect picture of Love.

Our Valentines Day was low key.
Of course Jake and I exchanged gifts as well.
A book he has been wanting and some Little Debbie snacks for my man.
Roses, chocolate (including Easter candy- my favorite), card filled with sentiment that made me cry, and a pregnancy massage scheduled for Friday for my me.
We took the kids to the rec center for a hot evening out.
Then sat on the couch watching tv, and put off cleaning the house.... which is in desperate need.

Our new quote that we say around here is
"Love is sitting on the couch watching tv together- putting of cleaning the bathroom"
Lately this really is our life.
It may have not been the hottest Valentines Day ever,
but that is kind of how things go when your 14 weeks pregnant.

We do intend to sneak in dinner and buying new kitchen appliances Wednesday evening before mutal. We are counting that as our Valentines Day Date. And no "buying new kitchen appliances" is not code for something much steamier than a trip to Sears, but new appliances are pretty exciting too.

Eight Years with my Valentines and I couldn't feel more loved or be more in love.

No comments: