Friday, April 22, 2011

Bunnies & Spring Fairies






My kids have been up to their usual hilariousness lately.
I was in the living room this week when I heard a a lot of loud jumping and "rabbit, rabbit" being said over and over again by Sam. Eventually both Sam and Kate came down the stairs. Kate was dressed like a fairy- an Easter fairy she told me, and Sam was a rabbit, playing his part very well. Kate made the two of them act out a play she created. The story line in some ways resembled the Velveteen Rabbit, but was mostly them dancing and hopping around. I loved it. I loved it so much I made them do a encore for their Dad at lunch, it was almost the same story.

Other funny things from the week.
Kate and I were reading a book. I told her to identify all the animals on a page. She named them. Crocodile, Buffalo, Angelfish, SeaStar, etc.... until she came to a turkey. I am not sure why, because she knows what a simple turkey is, but she instead said "MEAT". I laughed really hard, so she laughed to. She does like Turkey meat.

Samuel said his 1st full sentence today. and it was
"Mommy, I want a cookie." in a super whiny tone. But I loved it

Kate and Sam are enjoying their new playroom in the basement. (cue choir of angels)
Mom and Dad are enjoying having all the toys in one room of the house, even if it is the largest room in the house.

Kate was playing with some pretend food this week. She kept making me meals to eat.
Pancakes, Soup, then she started getting sneaky and putting balls and farm animals in my salads and soups. She thought it was hilarious. I played along. She kept saying " I keep tricking you, and tricking you" She laughed so hard at herself she could hardly breathe.

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

I love it! Kids are so full of life and fun! Kate tricking you is hilarious!