Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kate is 4!




My beautiful Kate turned four today.
This also marks the four year anniversary we officially became parents.
It seems longer than that. It seems like we have always been parents... in a good way.

The day she was born seems like forever ago.
Not only has she grown and changed so much since this picture when she was just an hour or so old. I have too. We've grown up a bit together.

She's growing up way to fast, but somehow it doesn't make me so sad.
It fills me with awe to watch her learn.
Her mind works so well. She is always figuring things out, puzzles, "mysteries", she knows letters, numbers, simple reading and writing and I swear I spent very little time with her on these subjects. Not to mention she has a vocabulary and social skills that would beat most 6 year olds. I can see her always thinking, when she is playing and talking and even just watching tv. Sometimes I think she thinks to much, and gets a little anxious or worried about things. Her birthday celebration was a really great time because she just stopped thinking and had fun. It is hard on a parent having their four year old be keen. There is not tricking or forgetting something I said- she keeps me an honest parent for sure.
She has lots of little friends now, and talks about time- past and future constantly making plans and talking about memories. She likes to dance, but it is not wild, it is more interpretive with lots of hand movement and facial expressions. She is still my side kick like always. Even if that means spending the afternoon on the couch because I am not feeling well. And when I fall asleep she only sometimes reminds me "But Mom who is going to take care of me?". She loves going anywhere though, stores, restaurants,outside, and always wants to go to ice cream.
She is excels at being a big sister. She helps Sam play and is almost always kind to him.
She tells me she loves me the most and always wants me to but her to bed because she knows I cuddle longer than dad will. She changes what she likes everyday. Usually based on a cartoon she saw on Netflix, or something she saw at a friends house.
I love this little girl. I see myself and Jake in her so much.
Though I am not sure where she gets her awesome faces- she is always making crazy expressions.
I am really proud of her too. Proud of her for being so smart. Proud of her for being so nice. Proud of her for adapting so well to new things. Grateful she was my 1st born-and is such an awesome kid to lead the others.
Happy Birthday my Sunshine!
I love you so very much!

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

Crystal, she is precious! And she is so cute! I can certainly see why you're so proud of her. It's strange to think our little April babies are 4! Happy birthday to Kate, and happy "parent anniversary" to you!