Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Early Valentine



Kate has been secretly making Valentines on the top bunk of her bed this week.  She found some construction paper all on her own.  Drew and cut out hearts, then wrote messages on them.

I washed her sheets today, and there were several up there hidden under her pillow.  I placed them on the floor in the corner of her room without looking at them. I actually thought she had just been cutting hearts out of paper.
Then tonight she found them on the floor and hid them in her dresser.  I guess she really wanted them to be a serious surprise.
Then I guess she changed her mind.
Because she gave Jake his Valentine she had made.

It says
"my dad is the best dad in the world"

The entire thing is written right to left, like she always does, but the spelling is mostly accurate.  I love that she has started writing sentences on her own.

Jake made a big deal about how awesome it was.  Then he showed me.  I made a big deal about it too.
I think she thought I was jealous.  She kept telling me I had to wait until the morning for my Valentine because it had something in the morning.  I told her okay.  But I think she didn't want to hurt my feelings so she gave me mine.

It says
"Mom is my favorite....do one thing you want me"  She explains to me it is a coupon for her to do one chore of my asking.  That is why she wanted me to have it in the morning.  I think it is so sweet she knows I appreciate help.

There is another she has put in the living room.

It says

"Freemans are the best"

She has one for Sam too.  But it is hidden in her dresser.  She says he has to wait until Valentines day.  I can't wait to see what his says.

Kate is very thoughtful and sweet.
After we tell her that and make a big deal Sam feels bad.

He chimes in  "I'm going to make my special things tomorrow mom"  He wants us to know he is going to make us Valentines too.

They are both so sweet.

Today we finally made it to the store to put together class Valentines for Kate's class.  I asked her what kind of Valentines she wants to make.  She says she is going to cut our hearts and write on them for each person in her class.  This was before this evening when she gave us our Valentine.  I told her we would do something else and that we needed a treat or something.  I didn't know how sweet her home made Valentines cut out heart were going to be.  I wonder if she has Valentines for her class mates hidden in her dresser.  I can't wait read them.  I wish I would have encouraged her to do it.
Instead we have some more traditional Valentine treats for her classmates.  It only took her almost two hours to fill out all the names.

 Based on her name writing tonight I would guess it took her 45 minutes to  write each of her home-made Valentines for us.  Which makes them even that much more special.

My sweet kids.  We have plans to spend Valentines all together as a family.  It is not a traditional romantic Valentine's Day plan.  But it sure will be full of love with those sweet kids of mine.

No comments: