Monday, November 18, 2013

Nov 18 2013














Around the Freeman House.

1. Sam and I on one of our walks.  In the afternoon when it is nice, and the baby girls are taking a nap and Kate is at school Sam and I go out on walks.  He loves it.  He always asks.  He notes if it is a nice day outside today.  Then suggests we go.  This day we went on a walk at a photo shoot location for later in the day.
2. I have the most handsome boy in the world.  I am right.  He is adorable.  In his sports coat ready for church.  I wanted a picture of his grown up self, then his sisters wanted to take pictures too.
3.  Taking pictures of Mari on Sunday. She snuck some chocolate chips out of the pantry and stored them in her pockets.  She thought that was clever until they melted all over her hands. We stayed home from church with sick Bethy. She has been very grumpy- I thought she may be sick.  We enjoyed a bit of one on one time- she kept making me be an elephant and riding me around the house.  She thought it was awsome.
4.   Bethy eats a cup. Sick Bethy..  When Jake came home from church three hours later HE suggested we take Bethany to the ER.  He has never thought any child was sick enough to take to the Doctors- let alone the ER.  I was hesitant.  Mostly because of the chaos the last time we took Bethany to the ER and we ended up at Primary Children's being bullied into submitting her to treatment we felt was not necessary.  I wasn't convinced she needed to be seen.  Until she started struggling to breath then projectile vomited all over the place.  Then I was panicked.  We left our other three children in our house alone and called my Mom to run over quick, and got over to the ER.  Telling you everything- not only did I leave my children unattended (it was only for like 10 minutes), I held Bethany in the car instead of putting her in her seat.  I have read so many stories of flu turning menegitis- and this is exactly what they had thought was happening the last time Bethy was very sick.  I held her all the way to the ER.  I really haven't ever thought my child might die in my arms until that drive over.  Saying that makes me sound crazy I know. But really.  She just seemed to be getting so much worse so fast..  A trip to the ER and the decided she only has the flu.  It seemed strange.  last time we were there we were saying "she is fine" and they were saying "she is going to die"  this time we were saying "she is going to die" and they were saying "no she is fine"   While we were there anyways we did some more urine culture for whatever is going on with her bladder and kidneys.  We were suppose to do the tests last week but never made it in.  So I guess that worked out.  She is still so sick.  She will only sleep in my arms and only for 20 minutes.  And cries when you pick her up, and cries when you put her down and is miserable. Poor sick and sad Bethy.
5.  Kate entered and art contest at school.  I let her have free range of a white canvas and all the art supplies. She ended up with a rainbow sky, glitter, ponies, everything you would expect from a 6 year old girl.  Today she came home beaming.  She had received a trophy and certificate and free pizza for her work.  She said she was the only one in her whole class to get an award.  She came in the door from the bus and said "I got my first trophy ever!"

No comments: