Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13, 2014 iphone clear





























1. Bethy in a couch fort the kids made
2.  Bethy helps me in the flower beds
3. Bethy's first real swing.  In a friends backyard over for a play day
4. Kate and Sam helping scoop dog poop in the yard.
5.  Sam helps Dad put together the new picnic table.  I told the kids that if they helped me do some chores in the morning I would put the table together and they could do their Lego's and Rainbow Looms outside on it.  They really want to play outside with these things on a table like our next door neighbor does???  But then I opened it and it was way harder than I thought, so Jake came home for lunch and helped me fulfill my promise.  Of course Sam wouldn't leave his side
6.  Bethany tries out popcorn for the first time.  She is kind of a ravenous beast... oh you know like the other three are now.  Basically she never stops eating \
7-8  Bethany's amazing eyelashes. All our kids have had amazing eyelashes- surely not mine. but I think hers take the cake!
9-10.  The garden boxes.  So much progress. Jake (with Sam by his side) built these boxes for me.  There are 3 boxes 6ft by 3 ft.  and 2 boxes that are 8ft by 2ft.  Which means I have a total of 86 square feet to garden in.  I plan on trying out square foot gardening which means I will have more than 86 plants.  Then Sam and I spent an entire week of morning baby nap time covering the borders with weed paper and shoveling all the gravel.  It has since been planted with the cool crops- peas, spinach, beets, carrots, radishes, and strawberries.  We have strawberry blossoms (because they came that way from the neighbor who gave them to us) and radishes so far growing.  We should see green starts from most of the rest this week.
11.  Marianne gets her first hair cut not from me.  It was by my friend who cuts hair in her kitchen, but it felt pretty special.  Kate got one too and it was her first hair cut not by me.
12. A picture Kate too on my phone of Sam playing on Jake's phone.  I think they are phone obsessed.
13.  Marianne gets dressed for the day.  She dresses herself.  And often with a lot of extra stuff.  The girls have a dresser in their closet, clothes hung above the dresser, and then shoe organizer clear pockets that hang on the door that is full of other clothes- like tights, and socks, hats, hair bows and swimsuits..  Mari gets pants and shirts out of the dresser to wear herself, but she always take a scan of the accessory pocket and usually picks out a few.
14.  Jake and Bethany watching a soccer game
15. Kate, Sam and Mari are getting better and better at playing all together.  This is some kind of play or well really who knows what they are doing.  They are usually playing something silly, and it usually involves dancing and costumes.
16 & 17. Me and Bethany ready for soccer games-  Spring soccer has been stormy!
18&19. Sweet Bethany in the tub.  I have more pictures of Beth than anyone else, but that is because she is usually at my side.  She is kind of a momma's girl, plus if I don't have her with me and engaged with me she is getting into things like the toliet or the dishes.
20.  Sam playing basketball.  This guy is SOOOO into sports.  Kind of finally!  He spent the better part of his first five years mostly into tools and tractors- which is cool too, his Dad is into tools and tractors, but also his dad really loves sports- so it has been really fun to have his only son finally into sports.  He loves soccer, basketball, football, skiing, biking, running, basically anything.  And he is getting more capable at these things too.  He often drags his basketball hoop into the living room and does running dunks into the hoop and then falls backwards onto the couch.
21.  Kate's drawing one day of a colonial doll in pastels.  She is SUCH a good artist.  AMAZING!!!  Way better than I am as a 32 year old.  Recently they did self portraits at school and Kate's was so acurate and artistc.  She included little endearing details like a mole and freckle, rosy cheeks and just a little serious smile.  it had a totally different feeling to it than all the others hung from classmates near by with rainbows and long hair and big u smiles.  Hers was serious moody artist type work... well for a 7 year old anyways.
22.  Bethany brushes her hair.  I never brush her hair- she doesn't really have enough to brush, but Bethany has observed her two sisters- who are both obsessed with doing their OWN hair all the time, and now when she finds a brush left out by those two sisters, she knows exactly what to do.  It is adorable. She is mimicing a lot now, and even folds her arms and closes her eyes with us when we pray.
23.  My mother's day breakfast the kids made me.  Our mother's day weekend was crazy busy.  I participated in the neighborhood yard sale and we had soccer on Saturday. I told the kids if they helped me organize all the stuff downstairs in the storage basement that any money we made at the garage sale could go to their Disneyland/Legoland trip they are trying to earn.  But it still was me doing so much work- it was by far the hardest I have ever worked for $200.  That night Jake installed my new light I bought for the kitchen (I have bought and installed and taken down a few) chancing my mind, but I think we are sticking with these finally.  Sunday the kids made me breakfast in bed. Then I got tons of sweet crafts and cards they had made me.  Jake also remembered that I wanted some new kitchen baking utensils.  I didn't get anybody ready for church and I didn't get anybody ready for bed.  I also didn't feed anybody any meals, Jake made a delicious dinner and then I took a nap on the couch.  It was a great day where Jake and the kids were so kind to me, but really it wasn't SUCH a special day because everyday they are so good to me and treat me like  a queen.
24. A pictures of her Panda Bear Mari had me take.

No comments: