Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6, 2014



This girl of mine is the best!
This morning shows her true self so well.
In her crib when she wakes up she yells "Dad!  I'm awake now"
Dad is at work already so I go and get her.  "Dad still sleeping mom?" she asks me. I tell her he is at work.
I change her diaper She says "now get dressed mom?"
She gets dressed (mostly on her own)  and includes a headband and two hair accesories on her wrist and calls them bracelets.
She finishes dressing by putting socks on.  On her feet and hands "I'm a kitty mom"  she says.
"We go to Kohlers today mom"  Yes I tell her, and then she repeats it to herself several times "I go to Kohlers today"
She says "mom" after everything.  She uses it like punctuation.
She carries around a heart Valentine that Kate received and then re-gifted to Mary.  Mary has been carrying it around often since Valentine's Day.  She feels like it is so special.
She sings to Bethy "what does the fox say"
She goes and get a ceramic bird that is a decoration on my dresser.  She has named the bird "five" and wants it.  She tries to sneak it everyday.  When she is sitting on the couch petting it. I ask her to go put it away.  She asks "in your room mom, or my room mom?"  See she wants it for her own.
She asks me to play "oogiloves on Netflix"  because "this is too scary" she says to Word Girl that is on.
 she says "it is gone mom, no more oogoiloves" because she can't find it to play. It is her favorite, but she is not so sad, she is trying to be tough..  "you find it mom?" she asks in all her sweetness.  Then when I find it, she gets so excited and gives me a big hug
I bring a bunch of clean laundry into the living room
"we do the laundry mom, I help you mom"
and she starts sorting the clothes. In complete correctness.
Then starts putting them away without being asked.
I tell her I'm going to take a picture.  And she poses and smiles.
Then she goes and gets her "geejaw" what she calls her blankie, and sucks her thumb and sits on the couch.
I take her to kohler's house, so his mom can watch Mari and Bethy while I help in Kate's class.  I find a old heat necklace made of clay in the glove box from activity day girls calling a long time ago.  I give it to Mari.  She is so pleased.  And tells everyone about it all day.  "my heart mommy, you give this to me mommy"
This is my two year old.
My amazing adorable two year old.
She is the best of everything!
Helpful Responsible Sweet Loving Kind Funny Happy Selfless Beatufiul

1 comment:

Laura said...

So sweet! I remember how sweet Becca was right up until she turned 3. She was a perfect little angel. And I was dreading her turning 3 because I remembered how Katie changed when she was 3. And Becca did, too. I still love her to pieces, but she is hard a lot of the time now, and sometimes, I wish I had the sweet two-year-old back. :) So enjoy it while it lasts. You are so good to record it.