Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 14, 2015































Valentines Day this year.
The week before the kids and I made Cupid arrows out of gum and chocolate hearts and decorative tape for each kid in their class- and Mari made some for some friends.  It took us forever.  But the kids liked the project.  I stabbed myself with one of the wood sticks and still have a piece of wood in my finger I can't get out.  I guess I get to have a physical reminder of how much I love my kids in for a while.
That morning I made the kids oatmeal with candy heart on top for breakfast.  They also each had  card and a box of chocolates waiting for them at the breakfast counter.
As you can see Beth was super excited about hers. In fact she sat in my bed for 45 minutes and ate all of her chocolate hearts before 9 am.  And was super happy!
Kate got to make a Valentines box for her school.  I got to bring in cupcakes for her class to decorate. She loved that I got to come.
Sam's class I got to be in charge of the whole Valentine party.  It was a real treat because I hadn't been able to be in his class at any other point.  It was fun all the kids kept telling me Sam was their friend.  He felt really special to have his mom in charge.  We played a few Valentines games and decorated cupcakes there too.
When we got home Mari wanted to deliver her Valentines. So we went to three of her little friends homes.  One of them had a valentine to give her back.  And she treasured it.  Sweet Mari had been making hearts for all of us and everyone she knows for the past two or three weeks.  She was so excited for Valentines Day.  That picture of her running around on the grass is right after she delivered her Valentines.  It was such a beautiful day and I couldn't help but think how beautiful and cool Mari looked running across the grass in her delightful way.

After delivering the three littles and I had lunch outside together.

That night Grandma Anderson came over and the kids had a little Valentine Party with her decorating sugar cookies and watching a movie.  Jake and I got a Valentines date. We went and saw "The Imitation Game" and then went to a fancy dinner in Park City.  This was all the day before Valentines Day really.  On actual Valentines Day we spent it laying our basement wood floors- and we actually finished them!  Okay Jake actually finished them.  Happy Valentines Day to me. Really though- I don't think anything is more attractive that a boy who builds and fixes things, especially when they are things I asked for.

I made the kids take some pictures the next day before church because they were all dressed and I put them each in red.  I love that little crew of mine.  They are so sweet and loving.  They are so good to me.  which is why my nightstand drawer is always filled with handfuls of cut out hearts and drawings and love notes whose content is hard to make out.

No comments: