Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Jan/ Feb phone photos



































1.Jake and I took Kate and Sam skiing this year to Sundance.  We had hoped to make it a bunch of times- but basically its has been spring all winter and there is not snow. The one day we went it was actually snowing a bit.  It took most the afternoon but Kate and Sam were able to get down the bunny hill without us.  There was crying and frustration from both of them, but in the end we did have some fun.  Skiing is hard, especially when you are little and not very strong- but they did a great job.  Jake and I would just ski in front of them backwards at first and let them ski to us, and then eventually they could go on their own. They couldn't do the tow rope on their own though however hard we tried and I ended up carrying the kids uphill on the rope which was the most difficult part of everything.  We ended the day with dinner in the lodge which I think was Kate and Sam's favorite part because I let them each buy a soda and a oack of M & M's.  Jake and I made it just the two of us skiing one day this winter too.  And it was fun- util a blizzard came and my legs were burning trying to go slow enough down really steep hills so that I could see where I was going.  I do love skiing still though and its fun to remember that I do.

2.Marianne dressed up like a pirate.  She loved this pirate bandana all year and always finds it and put is on and makes pirate faces and says "arrrr" and is the cutest pirate that ever was.

3.  Beth really loves pizza.

4.  Mari makes a silly face.

5.  Sunday game day.  the kids and I play the Bean game after church while Dad and Beth take naps.  We have been doing a lot of puzzles together too, some which take more than a Sunday afternoon.  It is fun to work on them all together.  The ones that are only 300 pieces we find the kids doing on their own on Saturday morning instead of waking us up!

6. Beth was obsessed with putting diapers on this polar bear of hers one week.  Like spent hours doing it, and also bruising its hair.

7. Beth and Marianne work on dolls and bears hair on their vanity.  They played this for hours one week too.  it makes me so happy when they play nice together and I love seeing them caring for the animals and dolls like little mothers.  They kiss the and put them to bed and brush their hair and I feel like they are mirroring my caring towards them and I love that that is what they want to play all the time.

8.  Kate at piano.  Sadly Kate gave her teacher attitude a few weeks ago, and it was reported to me so I got to go to piano lessons for a few weeks.  Which mean getting a babysitter to come over and watch the other kids and sit and watch piano.  But it was kind of fun or worth it to see what she is up to in piano.  She doesn't love piano, I wish she did.  But she gets to take it and she does have a very smart experienced teacher.

9.  After a hard week and Sam was at a friends house, I let Kate pick what we should do for dinner Friday night.  She picked to go to Dairy Keen.  So we went thru the drive through picked up happy meals. And to our wonderful surprise these dance batons were in the happy meals.  Well since it was kind of a girls night we came home and blasted the music and danced with our batons until Dad came home- and then he joined in too.  Kate liked them, Mari loved them, and Beth thought it was the best day of her life!

10.  Beth also loves these binoculars.  She holds them and says "I See you" in a sing song way and then laughs.

11.  Mari and Beth outside.  It has been beautiful here this winter.  I think most the days in February were over 60 degrees. So we played outside a lot.  I though the girls looked so cute in their animal hats!

No comments: