Monday, March 7, 2016

Christmas 2015

















































































Christmas Day is my favorite day.  I love giving my kids everything they every dreamed of.  I feel like as far as parents go, our kids have more chores and discipline and they are amazing kids and will be great adults hopefully because of it.  But we don't give into whims or wants often.  But birthdays and Christmas are dreams!  We woke up to piles of presents and overflowing stockings of every single thing anyone ever asked for.  Too many things to play and do.  Scooters, skateboards, dolls,  American girl doll everything, sports equipment, games, blocks, cell phones, kids laptops,  video games, football field goals, lalaloopsys, helmets,   coloring stuff, pratical joke kits, legos, more games, candy, piggy banks, shopkins, makeup, cleats, new boots, play dough, and on and on and on.  The kids had a few gifts they had made for us at school too which are always special, and Jake and I had gotten each other  a few small gifts.  Piles of presents and things to discover and enjoy together.  Than that is what we do all day.  I eventually made breakfast and we ate that, then went back to our playing.  I love just enjoying the kids all day.  And that was the entire day.  The best reaction to a gift goes to Kate- who was gifted jake's old cell phone which she was so very desperate to have with new accessories and apps.  She couldn't believe she actually was being allowed to have (a non service) cell phone to play games on. She couldn't wait to show it off to friends and cousins, which I think was half the point of wanting one.  Beth couldn't stop talking about Santa.  Even months later "Santa bringed me that" she would say.  "he sneaked in our house and then left before we got up"  I love that she gets it.

No comments: