Friday, February 6, 2009

Really Ready!


If there is one thing I have learned about pregnancy and babies is that you can't really plan anything. But it sure would be a nice day to have a baby. I feel prepared and ready today. Everything is in order at our house. My car even has a full tank of gas. I couldn't be more ready. My body doesn't want to grow one more inch, and I am mostly sure that I will stop throwing up once I am not pregnant anymore, although after 38 weeks of throwing up sometimes I think it is a normal part of life. ugggg.


The nursery is all put together. It turned out rather cute if I don't say so myself. Jake says it is too much red for a boys room- because red is a girl color- strange ideas. I had received a few quilts and blankets all blue and red, then I found a bunch of red and blue stripped pillows and baskets on sale at Wal-mart of all places. They even had sheets that matched for super cheap- which I sewed into coordinating curtains. This nursery took a lot less time and money than Kate's- and I think that was a wise choice. I remember staying up until 2:00 am one night anxious to finish sewing all the curtains, pillows and blankets for her room.
We have stocked a closet full of boys clothes. Goodbye to everything pink and purple with flowers and butterflies, hello to reds, blues, yellows, robots, monkeys and dogs. It is a fun change.
The changing table has a months worth of diapers, wipes, lotions, as well as more blue hats, socks and t-shirts.
Our bags are packed- sitting in our room. I actually packed last week when I had some false labor, since we have taken things out, but they could easily be replaced in a moments notice. The bags are still sitting in the corner of our room. Kate's bag even has an hour by hour schedule for whomever ends up watching her. Several friends are on alert awaiting our middle of the night call.
My house has been deep cleaned and at the moment as you can see if rather spotless. There is not even one piece of laundry to be done. I just know when I go into labor, I will not want to leave the house until it is at least reasonably looking. Silly, but it will just make coming home that much easier.

All we need now is to settle on a name and get me walking up a mountain for a spicy food picnic. With my luck, it will happen another day, when I haven't showered yet, my house is a mess, and I have piles of laundry to be done and no bags packed.

10 comments:

Ming said...

This is a fun post. I'm impressed with how ready you are for the baby's arrival. For your sake I hope if comes very very soon!

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I am so excited for you, Jake and Kate. These are great times. Our thoughts are with you.

Natalie said...

Good Luck. I feel for you. Pregnancy is such a cruel thing. I love having babies but I hate being Pregnant.

Dolphinsbarn said...

baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,baby, baby, baby, baby, baby... oh, baby.

KEYSHA said...

You are ready to roll! That is great! You look darling; and I'm excited for you to have a sweet little boy. (Where has the time gone? Didn't we just barely have our little girls at the same hospital 4 days apart?) Good luck!

Lauren said...

Wow, you are really ready! I hope that he comes soon too. i am so excited for you!

The Tomlinsons said...

You are really on top of things. I love the picture of you. you are so small! I hope all goes well!

Unknown said...

Wow! You really are ready! You look great and wow on the boy's room- I think the red- the way you used it is- very manly. Looking forward to pictures. Soon, I hope!

DC Diva said...

Wow, look at you! Way to be prepared! Come one little guy, make an appearance already!

DeeAnn said...

My friend said "wow that house is REALLY CLEAN..." haha :0 Love you Crystal! Any baby yet??? COME ON BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!