Wednesday, February 4, 2009

She's Mine!

It is amazing to me how much like me Kate is. She looks a lot like me, Jake as well, but her expressions and mannerisms are all learned from me. Jake calls Kate- Junior sometimes, because she is a little jr crystal. Lately two things have made her genetic connection to me even more apparent. The first is her love for ice. Sometimes she calls it gregre and I have no idea why, buy she often asks for it by either name, goes to the fridge and points up. Sometimes she will want some juice with it, sometimes not. She likes to get her cup of ice, sit on the couch and wants me to do the same. The second is her love for cleaning. Today I actually bribed her with it uninentionally. I asked her to "clean up" her color crayons. She got all exctied, nodding saying "okay cleaning". She wasn't excited to clean up the crayons- what she thought I was saying we would do is clean with a spray bottle and rag. So she hurrily cleaned her crayons up and went to the closet where the cleaning supplies are kept. I gave her her spray bottle of "cleaner" which is really water and a rag and away she went spraying and wiping down the fridge, glass sliding door and cupboards. After she was done she asked if she could "seep" with a broom. It is amazing what she has learned the last little while just by watching me.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh wow, My mom would make us clean baseboards when we were little. A very good cleaning activity for a child.

Unknown said...

How clever she is! and how clean your house must be! How are you feeling?

Kyle and Amy said...

That is so cute. Kate is the cutest and funniest little girl. I love it. and by the way were totally willing to hang out with her if you need us.

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom. Kate is adorable and I love the cleaning. Awesome.