Monday, June 1, 2009

A little media review

I've been reading and watching and listening to a lot lately, and enjoying it a lot. I thought I would leave a review for my readers.

Movies
Doubt- 3 stars. Beautiful with intense actors, but the plot had me expecting a big finish and then it let me down.
Australia- 5 stars. You know me and anything based on fact. I don't even usually like Kidman.
Twilight- 2 stars. Visually pleasing, but darker than expected, The cannibalism really bothered me strangely when Silence of the Lambs it one of my all time favorites.

Books
To kill a Mockingbird. 4 stars. I have read this before, but we listened to it on our AZ drive and I loved it this time. Such a part of our culture.
The Hobbit. 3 stars. Not my cup of tea fantasy.
The Hiding Place. 5 stars. Not just another WWII autobiography.

1 comment:

Polliwog said...

I've seen and read all but Doubt. I loved Australia too (the little boy was captivating); Twilight was a pleasant surprise--better than the book to me (I didn't like the book, though).

As for the books, To Kill a Mockingbird is my all-time favorite (I've read it a million times since I taught it for 4 years). I love the Hobbit (and the rest of the Tolkien series) too, though. The Hiding Place was absolutely inspirational. Have you read The Book Thief? You must!! It is one of the best I've read in years.