Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Time





It has been awhile since I last posted (for me anyway). We haven't really been that busy. We've been painting the downstairs, doing yard work, seeing friends and family, enjoying the kids- the usual stuff. One thing I haven't been doing is laundry. I can't remember a time I had so much laundry to do. Around 12 loads or so. It seems to daunting. Instead of doing laundry- I have been reading a lot again. I am almost done with my third book for the week. With nothing good on the tely in the summer I seem to just consume books. Here is a mini review.
1. Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers. Roach.
- A strange informative read. A history of death and burial mostly. Not what I expected- but perfectly dark for the morbid part of my psyche. 3 stars
2. Austenland. Hale.- The closest thing to a romance I have ever read. A successful LDS author always peaks my interest but her storyline failed to do so. 3 stars
3. The Last Lecture. Pausch.- Promises to change your life, and only slightly falls short of its promises. Any book that brings real tears to my eyes repeatedly deserves 5 stars.

1 comment:

kendragreensides said...

The lady that wrote Austenland...Shannon Hale is in my ward...super nice lady, maybe I should read her books sometime :)