Wednesday, October 21, 2009

3 Great Things That Made My Day

1. Kate saying "Mommy you are my sunshine"while she was coloring and singing this morning, for no reason at all.

2. That I have eaten 15 sugar cookies in the past two days. My sister told me how to make sugar cookies out of a white cake mix. The kids and I whipped up a batch, decorated them Halloween style, and now finished them off.
350 degrees
1 white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup veg oil
3/4 cup sugar
cook for ten minutes
cool and frost
I have no pictures because as I have already explained- they are all gone

3. Watching what was surely the most disastrous first date experience play out before me as the kids and I spent the evening at Borders. Knowing Jake was not going to be home until 8:00 tonight I thought the kids and I might enjoy shopping around the book store. Oh how I love a book store in the fall. On a related note I am reading The Wild Things by David Eggers, a grown up novel of the kids classic turned movie... and am loving it.
In the children's section two BYU co-eds sat at a kiddie table having a conversation that left me unsure at first whether this was some sort of tutor/ student interview or truely the most self destructing date ever wittnessed. I have been known to hang out with a date in the book store, but this young eager lad took the idea to a new demention. They had apparently scoured the store searching for books that described them best and where now meeting to discuss. From what I could gather, he spent the next seven minutes excusing his choice for what was either the Kama Sutra or some other work on human sexuality. Jake and I often observe "Daters" as we are out and about with a chuckle but the urge to roll my eyes within their range of vision has never been so strong.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my! That is the funniest most horrible date I have heard about, even worse than some of the dates I went on.

The pics at the pumpkin patch are adorable! Cute family.

The Tomlinsons said...

Your little family is so darn cute! I love Sam's puppy dog eyes, and Kate's white-blonde hair reminds me of when Leah was her age.

Jeff and Chelsy said...

really...the kama sutra, it's bad enough it's in zoobieville but on one of the first dates, or any date for that matter. Lets hope they were newly weds...