Sunday, October 4, 2009

Go MIGHTY COUGARS!!

We are so good at taking pictures of our selves.
I'm a crazed fan (not really)
Trying to get the "Y" in the background.

Sometimes as it turns out the universe is not as against me as I think. Jake and I planned a date last minute for this Friday night. With the fall colors out and the cool (okay very COLD) crisp, fall air, what would be better than a football game at our Alma Mater? With two young children dates alone are few and far between, if we get one in every season I think we can call it good. This can be our FALL themes date. I am always complaining that things never turn out for me, thankfully my normal luck didn't follow we this night. Our last minute order of tickets on ebay came it time, and were valid. We were able to leave home a little after 5:00, find parking, make a quick dinner of Panda Express (very college us), and cheer for a not-so-cold after all BYU win. We even managed to not get stuck in traffic and shop for a new printer quickly at Wal-mart after. Our children fared well will out us at home and were sound asleep when we returned. GO MIGHTY COUGARS!

The only thing that did not turn out as well as I might have planned was how it was hard for us to sit for four hours. Not having children to care for for this long and not usuing it to get work, projects and chores done seemed wastful. And I fell asleep on the ride home because I am old and it was late.

Have I mentioned that the brainwashing of our first born has been a success. When ever she sees anything BYU she recognizes it and starts to either sing the fight song, or says "BUY U" close enough for now. She even says "BUY U" to letters that stand alone and are in similar font to the "Y"... like an "L" on some socks she has signifing they are large size. She calls them her Cougar socks. AWESOME

1 comment:

Harley King said...

I love Cougars, especially winning Cougars.

But not even a solid win could keep Crystal awake. It was the crazy printer shopping that did you in, huh?