Monday, October 26, 2009

Bowling Alley Storyboard

Friday night for our evening out we went Bowling at the Bowling Alley in Heber. We hurried to get there beofre 6:00 so we didn't have to fight the crowd. As you can see we really didn't need to, it was pretty empty.
Kate loves bowling. We took about a year ago for the first time and she loved it. In fact we have an awsome video of her eating a corn dog at the bowling alley when she is like 15 months old or something. I should dig that up. Anyway, we've been back a handful of times since. She always comments when we pass the Bowling Alley driving that she wants to go. She likes picking out a ball, wearing funny shoes, rolling the ball down the ramp, sitting at the computer, and getting a drink and some food. Actually she likes going anywhere, so just add this to the list. Jake is a pretty big fan of the psuedo sport as well.
Kate doesn't even wait to see if any pins fall down to cheer for herself with a high five to Dad. She thinks rolling the ball is what this sport is all about.
Picking out a ball.
Kate likes the shoes.
Poor Samuel. He is such a good sport, watching us do everything all the time, while he just has to sit and be patient.

Majesty bowls a Turkey. Why does he have to be good at everything, and me... well not so good at everything? Kate even beat me by 5 points.

After our game we ordered some food. Kate said she wanted a soda and some chips (oh what great eating habits I have taught her). I told her they didn't have any chips, hoping she would go for a grilled cheese sandwich- or at least something resembling a meal. She promptly pointed at the wall, where the chips were located and informed me otherwise. It was a funny moment to me, realising that my child may just be too old to fool. Chips and Soda for dinner it was.... at least she ate a piece of my chicken.

3 comments:

Ming said...

Your kids are adorable! I have never been a big fan of bowling...most likely because I'm terrible at it, but the thought of taking Jack actually gets me excited. I haven't thought to do this and I bet he'd love it too!

The Kay Family said...

Ahhhhh, good ol' Holiday Lanes!! Those are some cute little bowler's you've got there!

Unknown said...

great storyboard- I have very similar feelings about bowling but haven't taken cami yet.