Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week in Review

Samuel turned 9 months old on November 23 at 9:46 to be exact. It of course has gone by incredibly to fast.Samuel at 9 months
Weight: 19.8 - 25 %- yes his "Chubby" nicknames seem silly at this point
Height; 28.5 in- 75%
Head- 18.25- 80%

#of teeth- 2
# of dimples- 4 and they are adorable
# of Words-2- Mama (Sam follows me around the house and cries "MAMAMAMAMAMA" when I put him down and am not holding him), sadly he doesn't really say my name in a happy way ever. He is a little too much of a mama's boy. But it is nice to be so loved. He also says "Dada" - but lets take note once more that "Mama" was first.
Things he likes-
moving, crawling, climbing on furniture and people, pulling hair and jewlery off his mother, eating crackers, Cola, Kate, music, dancing, singing, balls, setting new records in how far he can throw his pacifier, sleeping, cuddling, being tickled, chasing Kate around the house, laughing, playing peek-a-boo, letting Mom dress him in trendy clothes his dad won't wear, clapping, taking compliments from strangers about how adorable he is, being the happiest baby weve ever known.
Samuel is such a perfect baby, who is quickly turning into a toddler. It is sad and scary to see him start to pull himself up on the furniture and say words. He has been the most content child who litterally only cries when we he really tired, or wants his mother. He didn't even cry the last two times he got shots- what a tough guy. Those who knew Jake as an infant say Sam is just the peaceful, happy child his father was. He does look quite a bit like Jake as well, although occasionally before say he looks like me. His puppy dog eyes and toothy grin light up for me when I come into the room and it melts my heart.
Here is Samuel doing the motorcycle dance. He rotates his wrists when he hears music like he is riding a motorcycle. It is awesome.
The kids on Thanksgiving. Kate has been talking about her cousins coming over for four days straight by this point and can't wait another minute.
Our Kitchen before- it really was lovely, and our kitchen after- I think it took 6 loads of dishes to undo the disaster.
It was a lovely Thanksgiving though. And my almost completely from scratch holiday feast turned out as good as I had hoped. It was wonderful being home for the holiday. I have no picture of people on Thanksgiving other than the one of the kids at the top. I get to preoccupied in chatting and cooking. But thank you dear family for joining us.

The kids and I decorated for Christmas yesterday. All we need now is a tree. The minute these singing decorations come out the kids play them, and play them, and fight over them, and play them, and they have run out of batteries almost already in less than 24 hours. I don't think they will be replaced. I can hardly stand hearing penguins and snowman singing Christmas tunes for another 24 hours.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd travel (fun as that can be) to have a thanksgiving with you- sounds great. Time has gone by quick these days- can't believe Sam is that old.

Jed & Allison said...

Looks like dinner turned out good! You have cute kiddos too!