Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Genetics are Incredible!


Most people just go on and on... and on about how Samuel is a mini Jake. This week I was going through a box of my old stuff at my parents and found a picture of me as an infant. Jake and I both- when we saw it -though it looked so much like Sam. So I thought I would put some pictures up for comparison. In the defense of the "my children look like me too" argument I am constantly making.
I do see why people are always saying that Sam looks like Jake though. That perfect head, tear drop eyes and handsome grin declare the paternity of this child without a doubt.
Kate looks like she belongs in a peanut butter commercial to me in this picture- and a lot like Jake. I'm fair but I would classify Kate's ivory skin more on the level of her father's nearly allergic to the sun skin. Those luscious eyebrows and eyelashes she'll have to thank her Dad for too.
Hmmm, more Jake I think. This and the picture below I think are of similar ages of Kate and Jake.
Kate around 15 months old.
Not sure how old Jake is here- but I would guess around 18 months.
Those dimples sure do show up in our children's genetic strands with power. How lucky are they? I actually saw that creating dimples is now elective cosmetic surgery- costing thousands of dollars.
I'll leave you with a couple of this weeks favorite shots... and let you decide for yourself.
I think we can all agree either way that our genes meshed together to create a super breed of incredibly attractive children.

No comments: