Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Pictures












I've been doing a lot of family photos for people this fall.
The worst thing about this is that is makes me desperate for my own.
I hate that I look on my computer and have thousands of images from other peoples families and very few of my own.
So I made everyone dress in coordinating clothing last week, sit outside in the cold and forced them to smile while I tried to get a picture.
it went well .... or...
I set up the tripod. I would set the timer. Jake would have Kate sitting with him. I would run and get Sam from playing in the sticks, and try to pose us both before the timer went off. This often resulted in a picture of my behind as I ran towards the camera, or a picture without Sam and I in it at all. {which I still prefer to the ones of my backside) though 3/4 of the pictures are literally missing a family member, we did get one... count that one, with everyone in it, with their hands not covering their faces, or clapping, or sword fighting with sticks. and 2 almost 3 people of the 4 are even smiling.
But I guess at least we have a picture documenting our family today.
And though they are not worth printing and putting up in our home,
I think they will at least do for our Christmas cards this year.

2 comments:

LaCee Clayburn said...

LOL! Been there, done that! I'm so grateful you were able to take ours for us this year! What you really need is the new Windows 7 I've been seeing commercials for, lol! The pics are beautiful though, you still did a great job with your family :).

Reynolds said...

Love the picture! I think a lot of ours turned out with odd faces and we weren't even trying to beat the timer.