Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, 2012
























We celebrate Marianne's birthday this morning.
Just our little family of five.
And even thought it was just our little family, I had to make it as special as I could.  She is turning ONE after all.  And she is so special.

I originally thought I would throw her a Watermelon party.  I'm not sure why.  Because the older kids can eat watermellon.  Because she has a cute watermelon skirt. Because it is August.

Then I realized how silly that would be when if I wanted a party themed around a fruit, it should most surely be a Berry.

One of Marianne's nicknames is Mary Berry.
And her favorite food is a blueberry.  Seriously she eats more blueberries than I am sure is reasonable.  Strawberries are a close second too.
We had some jam in the fridge.  A smuckers jar with a purple gigham print top.
I thought it was cute.
And so I created a party from it.
And it was easy and adorable.  Usually I spend days planning my one year olds party.  We threw this together last night, when we decided that we would let her celebrate early on Saturday. (The old kids have been so anxious and asking every day)  I used some empty jam jars, some Christmas decor berries and a tablecloth I had in the cupboard.  Some berry colored ribbon we had in our craft supply and of course the printer.  We baked a cake, then decorated it with 4 cartons of berries.
We got her presents a few weeks ago and quickly wrapped them.
Then waited for her to wake from her morning nap.
You'll notice the invitation states that her birthday is Aug 16 at 5:00pm.  I just wanted to make her an invitation.  I didn't hand it out or anything, so it says that seeing as how I didn't have a day or time planned.

More party pictures- like 45 or my baby eating her mini cake I made for her to dive into, are coming soon.

No comments: