Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012

Lest I ever forget.

Today I had Sam all alone running errands.  Maize was asleep at home with Dad listening and Kate was dancing.  It is such a treat to be one on one with my children, even if it is just running errands.
He was wonderful at reminding me what I wanted to get at the grocery store, carrying our list, and of course picking out other stuff we should buy.
When we were done I let him sneak a cookie out of what we had bought.
He was delighted.  He told me how we wanted to give one to Daddy and one to Kate when we saw them. And he did.  He started unpacking the groceries the minute they were in the house to find them.

We went to get Kate at dance, but we were earlier a bit.  So we went across the street.  It so happens that there are horses in the field across from dance, and we had just purchased carrots at the store.  How lucky for us.
We went over to feed them.  I told Sam he had to be careful so the horse did't think his finger was a carrot.  Then he refused to go near them.  But he happily watched and excitedly told me how yummy the horse thought they were, and observed he was still hungry.

Back across the street to wait.  And while we waited we talked.
Sam wants to be a worker now when he grows up.  He means a builder.  He wants to dig with tractors and use tools.  He tells me he is going to build me a "big house so pretty mama".
He tells me he is going to marry a lady named Sammy just like him.  Lucky for him and his vain love for his name, it actually does double as a girl name.

I tell him he can't grow up, because I will miss him too much.
"i will visit you mommy.  I will drive my tractor and put it in your garage mama"
"my tractor will have two seats mama, one for you and one for me" he tells me.

sounds pretty great Sammy.
Pretty great indeed.




3 comments:

lilybit said...

good to remember

DC Diva said...

Darling. Sweet sweet boy!

Unknown said...

so cute!! i love it.