Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7 2014






























































Kate and Sam are off to ride the bus together for the first time.    Sam has been so excited to ride the bus with all the kids and was a little bit upset I wanted to take him to his first day of school.  There are so many kids from our neighborhood that meet at our bus stop.  The kids all love seeing their friends there twice a day- even Marianne and Beth who just come love to see all their friends.

On the first day the older two went to school, Jake came home at 8:30 am after being at work for about an hour and announced "who wants to go to Swiss Days"  I had mentioned how we might go while the olders were in school just the two little girls and Jake and I.  When he went to work I assumed we weren't doing it, but then he appeared in the kitchen.  We took Marianne and Beth to Swiss Days.  There were lots of little things just for Marianne- dress ups and we let her pick out a set of scriptures  and jump in the bounce house.like   Then we shared a scone.  The weather was perfect and we felt care free without two kids.

A picture of Kate and Marianne together on our way out to girls lunch.  All my cousins and aunts all come to lunch together the Saturday of Swiss Days.

An empty pizza pan.  Kate and Sam ate this entire large cheese pizza all by themselves last weekend. I am always saying they eat more than Jake and I, but sometimes it still blows my mind.

Marianne got a very serious injury to her head and ear.  On Sunday night she mentioned she had bumped her ear, but since she wasn't crying I didn't even look at it.  The next morning was Labor Day and our family got ready and went to the zoo.  We were in the gate as I put sunscreen on Marianne and she started crying that her ear hurt.  After a few minutes I looked at her ear, and had to move her hair to see a giant wound.  Her entire head and ear was swollen and black and blue and yellow with puss.  We pieced together a story that Kate may have had the treadmill on and Marianne got on and fell too.  She did seem to have tread marks on her back and ear.  We left the zoo without doing one thing and came home.  I took Marianne to the Instacare- they were closed, but a nurse friend of mine that happened to be working said she didn't think Marianne had a skull fracture- which was my biggest concern.  There was so much black and blue and swelling.  The next day it the swelling was better but she had a giant infection- that is the first picture.  So we went to see our family doctor who put her on oral antibiotics to kill it. We had been soaking the wound and putting neosporin and hydrogen peroxide in it, and he gave us a bit different instructions to care for it.  Just three days later was the next picture.  It is looking so much better now.  I scared Mari though being so concerned about her ear, and she has been a little afraid every since.  We are so sad that she was so hurt and didn't even tell us, or we didn't even notice.  She is such a brave and happy girl who never whines.  

I had two kids start school and I was released from a time consuming calling in the same well, week really.  I have had a lot of time to do projects and things I want to do.  At least an hour a day- which is way more than I am use to.  This week I did a bit of a makeover on our master bedroom.  I always enjoy decorating and making our house  a beautiful and comfortable place to be.  Even before we were married I was always making our house ours, but  now it sure is easier to make it beautiful when I don't have to DIY everything or do it on a dime.  I'm still on the hunt for the perfect chair for a sitting corner, and maybe deciding on a new color to paint the dresser.

Sam gets home from Kindergarten at 11:30.  Sometimes we do fun things.  Mari, Sam and Beth and I enjoyed one of the last snow cones of the year, and then got a bunch of new coloring books and colored outside.  Beth is in love with animals, and has no fear even for strange big barking dogs.  Of course Cola lets her pull her hair and lay on her and loves the attention.

Kate has been doing cheer.  They got to perform at the high school football half time this past weekend.  Kate has loved cheer.  She comes home from the 2 hour practice and goes straight into the culda sac to continue cheering with some of her friends that live near by who are also in cheer.  Sam and the boys play football in the street and the girls make up cheers late into the evening.
At the performance on Friday night, after I couldn't find Kate anywhere.  It seemed that all the girls were allowed to leave the field but it is like 100 girls all wearing the same shirt and somehow I didn't see Kate.  She ended up wandering the bleachers for a good 20 minutes until a lady finally helped her as she was sobbing that she was lost.  I had been searching for her too, fighting crowds at every turn.  I had found a few friends who were kind enough to help me look for her too.  It was a bit scary, and I felt so bad that her special night had turned sad.

We have had a lot of really great days lately.  We have a few little health things with the kids like always, but it seems like we have more time and the weather is amazing.  It is great with things go a bit better than normal :)

No comments: