Monday, October 12, 2015

October 1, 2015


















The garden is wrapping up for the year.  But still putting on a bit.  We grew so many wonderful things  this year and ate well because of it.  I love the garden.  It really brings me so much joy.  I love that my kids love it too.  We all love to eat the strawberries and cherries and beets and yellow pear tomatoes, and peas and green beans, and onions, and peppers of all kinds, and tons and tons of tomatoes and cucumbers, and broccoli and basil and spinach and carrots and squash. But everyone loves the pumpkins most.  The kids are claiming their pumpkins on the vine in July.  I dream every day of an even larger space for an even larger garden but I love this garden for the peace and happiness it brings me and the special moments outside I spend with my kids here.  I won't forget in my lifetime how it feels to sit on the bench in the corner under the tree and look over my garden of growing vegetables to the play area where my growing children played all summer long.

No comments: