Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Those Strange Kids of Mine

I let the children play mostly unsupervised in the backyard for a few minutes yesterday.
I left them planting a garden (putting pinto beans and lima beans from the pantry in the two feet of dirt I have designated as their garden to play in so they don't destroy my plants... again)

I guess that got old-

or they figured out they did not have real seeds.

because it t did not take long for me to noticed this.
and this.One single purple chalk line on each and every fence board and post on over 50 feet of fence.

I am fairly certain it was her.
When I asked her about it she picked up chalk and kept marking more of the fence.

But this guy looks guilty too-
and I did witness him coloring on the fence later that same day.
But I doubt he has the dexterity or the oldest child personality that created such odd and organized art in the backyard.

You kids keep me laughing and on my toes.
I love you for it.

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

How funny! At least they left your plants alone! And at least it was chalk that will wash off when it rains, not paint (like my brothers kids did to their fence!)