Friday, May 7, 2010

With a Side of Pleasant





Feeling like I had one million things to do yesterday, I made the kids come on five hours of errands (over half of that just in driving). I dreaded what the trip might be like, but thought I would give it a shot. Amy was helpful and let me drop them off for an hour so they could have a break. But I knew it was a lot to ask of them. On the way home from Sandy I thought for sure I would have one or more screaming hungry children and I would have to stop off somewhere to get them something to eat. Instead, not only were they delightful the entire trip, they both feel asleep and slept the hour home.
When we returned home they remained pleasant as they have ever been. Kate did this puzzle repeatedly that I got her while we were out for more than an hour, while Sam played peek a boo with his own sweatshirt with me all night. And rolled on the floor laughing at himself about it.
It was a some how a very pleasant day.
Whenever they are down a parent, I am always blessed with happier, more behaved children than usual.
I kind of love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah! the pleasant moments are worth the wait I think.